Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got my first buck on my last night out for rifle! I kept falling asleep in the blind, couldn't keep my eyes open for the life of me. Happened to open my eyes, and seen this guy standing out in front of me about 60 yards. I sat up, dropped the walkie talkie on the floor, he looked up right at me, and I thought for sure he was gonna take off! I froze, then he lowered his head. I opened the window with one hand, while grabbing my rifle with the other. Pulled off the shot, seen him jump and run, and found him laying about 40 yards away! :D

·
Premium Member
5,603 Posts
Outstanding. Nothing like the feeling when you connect on that first one.

·
Banned
19,596 Posts
Nice Buck, congrats! Is that a model 70 compact? What caliber?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Wish I knew the feelin of connecting on the first one. I shot a super small doe in a field @250 yards. She dropped in the group before I even knew I got her. Thought I missed and then after the hunt I walked to where they were and there she was. I hit her in the neck and the exit wound took her hole face off. Threw her over my shoulder (ungutted) and walked to the truck and gutted her there. I was not pleased with myself at all. Later thast day I got a big 7. That felt like my first deer. I was stoked.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats on your first. You'll have a hard time shooting one more memorable than your first.
Thanks! I don't think it will get any more memorable then this one. I could maybe see if my first was a little spike or something, but I think I got lucky on this one..........for being my first!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, just a FYI, the rack is much bigger in person! These pics for some reason make it look smaller than what it is.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Oh, just a FYI, the rack is much bigger in person! These pics for some reason make it look smaller than what it is.
Don't worry...It'll get bigger with time.:lol::lol::lol:
Congrats on your first!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Way to go. Feels good don't it.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Great job man! They always look smaller in the pics! What part of the state were you hunting? Great work and good luck the rest of the way!

MDH

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Congrats, nice buck. The spread on my rack all ways gets wider when I get back to work.:lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts