Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I shot this 7 pt day after opener with my TC Encore. I was shooting Barnes Spitfire TEZ in 250 grains with 100 grains of Blackhorn 209. Awesome combination. I shot him at 45 yards and he dropped in his tracks!! Definitely, a tracking job that I like....! After having pasted on a number of smaller bucks with my bow I decided to take this guy.
Good luck to everyone out there
Brian

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Now put down that fire stick and pick up the stick and string......;)

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Brian, you look to a pretty small guy and dragging out those larger bucks could hurt you if your not carefull. It looks to me that you need a hunting partner, one that could help you drag those larger deer out and being the nice guy that I am, I'll take a hit for the team and partner up with you.:evilsmile

As said before, Nice buck man . The smile on your face says it all . Congrats !

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I'm hoping the next one will be with the stick and string. He isn't huge but I'm happy with him. I hoping to get the big one this late season. I've seen a few on my trail camera pics.
Hey Craig you know what they say about "dynamite comes in small packages" he he!! I just take those bucks and throw them on my shoulder...!!! Gives me a good workout. Good luck all and smash a few big ones!!!!
Brian

·
Registered
476 Posts
Very nice! No other feeling quite like taking a whitetail!!! Gratz :D

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Nice buck..Congrats..!!

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Congrats! Late season bow hunting is a blast - especially if there's snow on the ground, it's not TOO cold and the winds are mild. Good luck AA with the stick 'n string.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Great buck man keep it up. I wish I could hunt the late season bow, it's my personal favorite. Though, not complaining about mid november for I am tagged out on bucks and have 1 more doe tag to fill!!!!!! Get out there, hopefully theres snow and follow the tracks. Good Luck!! post pics when you put the next big one down.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Congratulations! Smokepole bucks are the best!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts