Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
15,848 Posts
This isn't about the launch but I'm sure they're the same jerks that like to rip right next to you while you're fishing. Come on guys there's a big river out there, have some common courtesy and use the middle of the river to make your moves.
That's my biggest pet peeve, don't run over fish. Go OUT AND AROUND.

·
Administrator
18,350 Posts
Can I get a cliff notes version of the OP? Asking for a fried that doesn't like to read novels.
"Cidiots Suck"!
<----<<<

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Wow! That sucks. Glad you got some fish though.

I noticed that launch looks like it could become congested rather easily. Been fortunate the times I've launched there its not been bad.
Only issue I've had there was with some guys fishing off the end of the pier. They got mad because I drove my boat up the channel to the launch. They weren't fighting a fish or anything. Just had their lines out. Not sure what they expected me to do. There were lines out on both sides. I went very slow and tried not to cross anyones lines. Which I accomplished. But geeze. It is a boat launch for crying sake. I guess I'm supposed to somehow levitate my boat over their lines so I can get into the launch.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I’m usually patient at the boat ramp as long as someone is moving in the right direction. The solo guy that has to get his vehicle and back down get out and winch his boat on or the older person that don’t move quite as fast no problem, but don’t be loading stuff from your truck to the boat while blocking the ramp. Don’t be talking on your phone and maybe start your boat at home on some muffs before taking it out for the first time.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I might be heading out in my new boat after work today. Green Smokercraft at Algonac or Marine City. Can't wait to see what I forget to do or screwup. My last boat is as basic as it gets and I could launch in 30 seconds. I even caulked the plug in so I wouldn't forget lol.
I'm jealous!
Wish I had a new boat :(

·
Registered
185 Posts
Kevin's a nice dude really, just don't deal with stupid...

Kevin those guys are lucky. Few guys on that crew I wouldn't wanna throw hands with ! Even though yer still a siss with that glove 😝🤪
Good job on fish bro. Next post maybe say PH ;)
dont send them fools up here we have enough.but then again i fish from shore and thats still bad.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Ramp was only slightly better at St. Clair last night, was 4 deep to retrieve wich took close to 30 minutes. Finally was my turn and quickly got to my vehicle only to discover someone stole my 4 pin to 7pin adapter off my trailer!

So I had to tow home in the dark with no trailer lights to Lapeer down 69, I even stopped at two truck stops on the way home and couldn't find a replacement adapter.

I also looked throughout the parking lot for my adapter just in case it "fell off".....nothing
Wtf who does that.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yep and that’s a weekday, pretty much the same thing on all waters in SE Mi this year, never saw so many people and the percentage of “I don’t know or I am not willing don’t follow the rules” folks are at a all time high. Covid craziness! On Tuesday morning I was fishing CA and was a short cast away from shore and a dude in a bass boat rips between me and the shore, almost hit him with my rod when casting, and then he stops right above me and is like what when I asked him about his no wake law knowledge, he had none……

·
Registered
108 Posts
I live on north shore of anchor bay and keep my boat in the back yard on a hoist. There are downsides to that - 15mph wind from the wrong direction and its just too rough for getting back on the hoist with waves tossing the boat around. And burning gas getting to wherever I want to fish is a factor every time I fish. But my use of a boat ramp is limited to twice seasonally - Spring put-in and Fall take-out.

Every time I read one of these posts, it makes the limitations of my situation a whole lot more tollerable

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Wow! That sucks. Glad you got some fish though.

I noticed that launch looks like it could become congested rather easily. Been fortunate the times I've launched there its not been bad.
Only issue I've had there was with some guys fishing off the end of the pier. They got mad because I drove my boat up the channel to the launch. They weren't fighting a fish or anything. Just had their lines out. Not sure what they expected me to do. There were lines out on both sides. I went very slow and tried not to cross anyones lines. Which I accomplished. But geeze. It is a boat launch for crying sake. I guess I'm supposed to somehow levitate my boat over their lines so I can get into the launch.
I know, wtf?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Some people just don’t have common sense. These launches need a Ranger like on a golf course to direct the flow of boats going in or out. That way there is no chaos and everything can flow at a steady pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
15,848 Posts
Can I get a cliff notes version of the OP? Asking for a fried that doesn't like to read novels.
Always on the fish and never a dull moment on your boat, love your posts.

Why I was wondering about post above yours, Zibs. Kevin s funny mofo. Move along or don't read! Hope you make it with us sometime Norm!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts