Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well...looks like I can try that next year!!!
Thanks for sharing.
I know I get out of control with my spoon use at times with too much action, I need to Mello out.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I see you use a snap to connect your slab grabber to terminal line. I also wonder what type of hook above for nymph and if you have a certain distance above grabber? I imagine less than your rod length to stow setup. Awesome high quality videos. Still hoping for miracle as I have a small group who wants to get over to Simcoe still this year ...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm getting a lot of questions so I'll list what I am using.

4 to 6 pound Trilene Fluorocarbon line

No.6 red hook 15 inches above the grabber

Chartreuse bead on the Slab Grabber

28 inch Fenwick Aetos Med. Light fast tip rod

The Berkley Power Nymph is the Toad color

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Thanks for the info never had much luck with spoons but after watching this video I see why. Looking forward to trying your method. Thanks again

·
Registered
14,975 Posts
Love spoons. Definitely will try the nymph or a jig and spike next time out on that setup... Always seems when they stop the spoon bite put a jig and Spike down and there back. This is the best of both

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I get asked a lot what my favorite perch technique is. I thought I would make a video to show spoons should not be over worked.

very nice clear video and great technique! it is similar to use here in Saginaw bay pounding the bottom for walleye but you took it a step further for perch. i know in Lake simcoe there are invertebrates on the bottom and that stirring up of the sediment brings some of those out into the open starting a feeding frenzy among the perch! great job! Rich

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Rich
That same technique worked well in Quinte for walleye as well and whitefish on Simcoe. For walleye we use a Vibrado on the bottom instead of the spoon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts