Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
I am hoping everyone out there is finishing up there work for this year and you are already to hit the woods hard. I am a little behind but that is ok.

I have been filming my hunts for the past two years since I ended my job with a hunting show. It's a lot harder to film your own hunts versus film another guy shoot a deer in a big buck state like Iowa or Kansas.

Anyways, last year I was able to put together a little story of my deer killed. If you guys have a moment, check it out:

If you like the video, make sure to check out my page:

https://www.facebook.com/Greatlakesedge?ref=hl

Good Luck to all this year!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Great job, and a very nice video. This kind of thing really gets me pumped up and ready for October 1st

·
Registered
12,585 Posts
Cool video and nice work on doing it all yourself.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Well Done! Probably one of the best hunting video's I've watched in a long time! I there anything better than the sound a big ole deer makes walking through that pine straw.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Definitely makes me wanna start filming all my hunts now.

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The buck scored between 105-115. I forgot a measurement and never measured it again. Not a giant but my first "big" whitetail. Going to try for something a little bigger this year. Of coarse, that means another taxidermy bill:D

I did get him mounted. Check it out!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I enjoyed your video. Very good job! I just started filming last year and got two kills on camera but yours is much better. I have a very good camera and it takes great footage but... I'm just not very good at shooting film or editing. I am learning though. I will be filming again this year and can only hope to put together something like this. Good hunting!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
very cool vid..cant imagine how difficult it must be to attempt to video your own hunts...my hat is off to all those hunters that can do this. Great buck and congrats!!

ST8

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Why didn't you wear your GoPro when you were hunting? I see you wore it towards the end lol

Does it get in the way of drawing your bow or something? I was thinking about buying one but the resolution was not as defined as I would like.

·
Administrator
35,729 Posts
Stelmo! Great work my man. Wow, to take a buck like that is a challenge in and of itself, but to self film it is taking it to another level.

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Filming add a lot to the plate when shooting any deer. You just have to stick with it. Your going to have many trial and errors but you learn from it. Oh, and you have to be ahead of the deer when filming it by yourself.

I did not wear my Go Pro because I forgot about it. I am lucky I hit record when I first seen the buck. I wish I had it running because it would have made even better footage. I have the new Go Pro so hopefully i'll beable to get a better kill on camera.

Hoffie,
I was actually just looking through some of my post and I barely could read them. How you guys delt with it, I don't know.

I was going to film a ground hog getting a broad head tonight but a fawn had to chase it away. This hog was huge!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts