Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
The kayak isn't a pakraft. It's an inflatable ocean kayak. I'm leaving my pakraft at home.
Have you ever tried just walking along the beach during low tide?

·
Premium Member
16,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ye
Have you ever tried just walking along the beach during low tide?
Yes many times. I lived in Valdez for a summer. Also spent time on Kodiak and Ketchikan. Not bear hunting though.

·
Premium Member
16,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hope to get a little clam digging in. Love me some fried clams
IMG_20210110_095045946.jpg
16111079663618237725031702973521.jpg
Going to be camped right next to a creek with steelhead runs, dollies and cutthroats. Should be a blast

·
Registered
565 Posts
That sounds like a pretty epic trip Brush. Goodluck.....I'll be following along and certainly looking for a report upon your successful return. Those AK Steelies are the real deal. I beat up on them good here in Michigan but they are a whole different animal in AK. I'd be almost just as interested in the Steel as the Bears! I'll give ya a tip my guide buddy told be that let me finally best my 1st wild AK steel, Big beads 10m and 12m;)

·
Premium Member
16,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
That sounds like a pretty epic trip Brush. Goodluck.....I'll be following along and certainly looking for a report upon your successful return. Those AK Steelies are the real deal. I beat up on them good here in Michigan but they are a whole different animal in AK. I'd be almost just as interested in the Steel as the Bears! I'll give ya a tip my guide buddy told be that let me finally best my 1st wild AK steel, Big beads 10m and 12m;)
Yup that's what I hear, big beads is the ticket. Bear hunting was the draw to this Island but durring research I discovered a gem of a creek that has a strong run of wild SH. I'm really quite excited about this, my timing should be perfect.

·
Premium Member
16,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I thought about applying again this November and if drawn I would do a fall hunt for the silver run, if it pans out this spring I may just do a spring hunt again only 2 weeks this time dedicating a week to just fishing.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts