Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 5 years of getting jerked around and losing my cape and 175 bucks my mount is home. Friend of the family started it and wouldnt finish it. My new taxi sold me a cape and finshed it up.
Its the buck on the left. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341343137.858035.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341343157.838650.jpg
Shot this guy on the 10/13/2007 with my
bow.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
VERY nice! Too bad about the long wait and additional cost.

I had something similar happen to me years ago. But is was a taxidermist, not a family member. That is precisely why I now only go to a big taxi shop for all of my business. I pay a little bit more, but the quality is great and they ALWAYS have my mount done early. :D

·
Registered
19,398 Posts
It's always best to go with someone that has a reputation for getting things done and done right even if it cost it bit more the results speak for themselves. Nice looking buck and mount glad you finally have him home.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Glad your mount finally mad it home,good looking buck.

·
Administrator
17,649 Posts
Nice mount! Must be a huge relief having on your wall - finally!
Congrats!
<----<<<

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Nice buck!! You definately get what you pay for when it comes to mounts.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Man thats a long time, sorry to hear of all you had to go through to get this done and back to you. We should not have to wait more than 12 months, and thats the max I would say. :)
Not starting anything Mr. Taxidermist just my opinion. :D I have one getting started as we speak, shot last year in November. Should have him back here in the next few weeks. My Taxi is usually 8 months and I am certainly good with that! :cool:

Great looking buck and glad to see you're finally getting to enjoy him.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hear ya Bwhunter! My new Taxi that ended up finishing this mount did the buck next to him on the wall in 5 months. He has a full time job and does all his mounts for hunting trip money. He Likes to have the majority of his taxi work done before spring turkey.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts