Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,642 Posts
Yep....Thats a hell of a hole alright! How far did she go?? Congrats, It was a great night for bowhunting, i was out too.... i didnt see anything.

Great job... Tell us more...

-Bob:)

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Muzzy and Hoyt are good

but are they the best?..... I dunna I dont shoot either one of them.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Congrats on a fine freezer filler!

Here's a good one for you Muzzy users. My friend called my from Wall-mart last week and tells me they have the 3 pack of Muzzy 100gr 3 blades on sale for $5. :yikes:
I had him pick me two packs and he got 2 packs for himself.
Regular $15 marked down to $5.. what a great deal!

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I don't know if they're the best or not but for the last ten years they're all I've used and they never let me down. In fact, I've seen the last four bowkills go down, three within 50 yards. You're right, shot placement is ofutmost importance. Good luck in late bow season, John-Ypsi.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Muzzys are all i'll shoot, and if you think they're good out of a hoyt launch one from a mathews they work even better :p

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I too am a muzzy fan but I think Slick Tricks are a little stronger when it comes to the thickness of blades and how the blades lock together.

fulldraw

·
Registered
253 Posts
yeah muzzy are very good broadheads i had a bad shot i finally figured out why i was aiming for the lung heart area and shot the backs legs reason being im use to shooting standing up but the doe i shot sunday night i was sitting while i shot her but getting back to my point the arrow went through the bone of the back legs the arrow didnt pass all the way through but it stuck out about 6 inches im not going to change broadheads im very pleased with them

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice doe! Congrats!
I could never get my 3 blade Muzzys 100gr to fly straight, and believe me I tried! I went with Montec G5's and I will never look back! They hit where my field points hit.

·
cold, dead hands ......
6,198 Posts
I know this is a "Ford vs Chevy" thing but I've always used em (4 blade 100 grain) and been VERY pleased with their performance. I also really like the way they go together etc. I also like the practice blades etc etc blah blah blah :grouphug:

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
victor mi pro bowhunter said:
The best is what you make the best i think wasp and browning are the best ever
you are right. One thing that I have found with archery is that no 2 bows are set up the same. That is because the bow is an extenuation of the shooters body and no 2 people are exactly the same. Then throw in there some personal preference and you are not gunna find any to set ups the same.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hoyt / Muzzy combo? I'm sure it's a good one.

Mathews / Thunderhead combo? This is the one I prefer.

Never thought I'd give in to all the Mathews hype. Then I shot one. HAD TO HAVE ONE!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts