Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupid question.

I hunt in Clinton County. Please tell me the exact start date of my muzzleloader season and the exact last date of my muzzleloader season.

I HATE the dnr website and their rules book for that matter, I find it hard to make sense of so much of it. You have to be a lawyer to understand some of the stuff. Last year was my first ever muzzleloader season and it seems like it is longer this year if I'm reading it correctly. Dec 2nd through Dec 18th for my county? Last year it was shorther if I am reading it correctly.

I'm beginning to think Fred Trost was on to something. Maybe I should have stayed tuned in when he went off on these kinds of topics. Has our sport become that complicated or am I just getting more stupid each year? Don't answer that one.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
The DNR changed the Muzzleloader season in zone 3 at the last minute without any fanfare, but just in time to make it to print in the hunting digest. If you look on page 2 of the digest you will notice "changes for 2005". The new muzzleloader season wasn't decided upon in time to make that particular page, however.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Oh geez, without you guys I wouldn't have known that I could start ML season on 12/2 in my part of Pinconning.
Thanks,
:D

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Sorry but I was not aware that the change was not welcome. I for one am very pleased about it. Another week of season for me is always welcome. My only complaint is that it starts with only 1 day off from the regular firearms season. So essentially, we now have a month-long firearm season here in zone 3.

·
Registered
458 Posts
The decision to extend the muzzleloading was printed in a couple of the Outdoor News type of publications and I think I saw it on an episode of Michigan Outdoors.

I wish the week extension would of been put on the end of the season instead of up at the beginning. It seems to me if the goal is to reduce the herd more deer would be taken if we could hunt during the Christmas Holiday when many of us hunters have time off.

The deer could use a couple weeks off from gun hunting too!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Actually it's a month and a half down here where I live. The extended doe season opens on dec 19th and runs till new years day.
Don't know what to expect on the extended doe season this year. Talked to some of the guys who hunt out here and they've told me they still have meat in their freezers from last year. They're all just hunting for antlers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts