Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was thinking about putting on a muzzle brake on my encore pistol chambered in 270 win. Is there any type you recommend? I was thinking of the one from williams gunsight, the guide series.

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
If I was to get a muzzle break on a T/C Encore, I'd send it out to SSK.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Not to discount a muzzlebrake... I had one put on a rifle and never like that rifle because of just how loud it got. I thought the recoil was bad until the noise that comes from the muzzlebrake. I think I got a flitch from it more than the recoil. Because it pushes out the gas on the sides it is a lot louder to the shooter and those on the sides like at the range you can tell which has one from the loud noise it produces. Never got use to the noise.

Had the Answer System put on that is just up the street in Davision MI from Williams Gunsight. Not sure they are still around though saw their system at Jays many years back when many were starting to offer them especially direct from the manfacturers.

Just an observation...

Good Luck,
Newaygo1

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I had SSK put a brake and a set of T'SOB rings on my 45-70 Encore. That gun really needs one, and the brake, rings and pachmayer grips really tame the recoil.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for all your suggestions. It just isn't fun after a few rounds. I may just sell it at gunbroker and use the money towards a new rifle

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Thank you for all your suggestions. It just isn't fun after a few rounds. I may just sell it at gunbroker and use the money towards a new rifle
Good move. Jack O'Connor must be turning over in his grave at the thought of a .270 pistol. What advantage in killing game cleanly - which is what hunting should be about - is there in a .270 pistol over a .270 rifle other than ego.

Hoppe's no.10

1 - 6 of 6 Posts