Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to try some musky fishing. Does anyone know a good LSC musky charter? When is the best time to fish for them? Hopefully it is going to be as much fun as fighting these monsters.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
BigAl, spring and fall are the best time's for a real hog, but through out the summer you still have a good chance of catching a trophy. If I had to use a charter captain it would be Bushwacker Charters, Captain Steve VanAssche, 810-783-8985, very good at what he does, full time captain.

Muskie Mike...

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Captain Steve Jones from Harrison Twp. (16 & Jefferson area/near Metro Beach) also offers Musky charters. I've never chartered him but according to his flyer, he's had several appearances on In-Fisherman and used to be a regular on Rick Collar's Fishing Michigan.

You can probably be reach him at his store - Professional Fishing Center in Harrison Twp. His web site link is below.

http://www.fishpredator.com/

·
Super Moderator
10,178 Posts
Steve Jones is an excellent Muskie fisherman but if I had to pick between the above mentioned, I’d go with Steve VanAssche. He’s a very good fisherman and an all round great guy. As GOTCHA said, July and August are better for numbers. I’ve always had a tougher time in the Spring but the Fall can produce some real hogs. Good luck!

·
Registered
150 Posts
One more suggestion you might try is Bob Devine at Chartertalk Guide Service. He lives in Windsor, ON and does a very good job. They have done well during the last part of the season from Dec 1 - Dec 15.

You can call him at 519-984-4849 or get a hold of him via his website at www.chartertalk.com.

Good luck.

Bob B.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Try Muskie Bob Brunner, (The Legend)He offers a guide service and has over 70 years of fishing experiance on StClair. He`s very knowlegable and specializes in casting for big fish. You`ll be sure to learn alot. His # is 586-254-9209.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
coverdog said:
MUSKIE MANIA charters also do a fine job. Michael Pittiglio can be reached at [email protected] . He used to first mate for Steve Jones. He boats a ton of Musky.

edtied for misspelled name
I also used to mate for Jones, and also know Mike... We both used to work the boat and the store about 15 years ago.. Havent seen or talked to either of them in years.. Mike was a good guy...

·
Registered
575 Posts
BushWacker charters his name is steve cheak out my pics the one 1 last year in the fall was 34.5 pounds and 52 inchs.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
give Capt Tom Loy a call on the Bigfish he runs two boats a small one 20 dusky center console for 1-3 people and a 31 tiara for 4 or more 810-794-5749 or 810-580-9252

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
It depends how you want to catch them. There are tons of choices for trollers. Many good ones were mentioned above. However, if you want to cacth them casting, then go for Bob Brunner. If you want to catch them jigging, then go for Jon Bondy. If you want to try a flyrod, then try Great Lakes Fly Fishing (greatlakesflyfishing.com)

Lots of choices.

Slimshady

·
H. O. F. Legendary Guide
195 Posts
Thank you for the kind words Slimshady. To me casting is the way to go. If I were to try fly fishing I would go with Steve Kunnath. His # is 248-320-0688. I have been out with Steve and had a blast. Bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts