Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught this little guy fishing with my daughter Friday. My buddy says it's a Northern "for sure". I thought it was a muskie. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Caught this little guy fishing with my daughter Friday. My buddy says it's a Northern "for sure". I thought it was a muskie. Thoughts?
GLS Muskie

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, all. Yes, we had a great day of fishing Jake. She was catching little perch and white bass all morning. The sheephead was the highlight of the day for her. I like the little spot we frequent, cuz we never know what we will find on the end of the line. Lost a flathead trying to lift it over the seawall on my UL 4lb test line... Our goal is not to fill the dinner table, just to fight some fish and enjoy the day together. We win every time!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Thanks, all. Yes, we had a great day of fishing Jake. She was catching little perch and white bass all morning. The sheephead was the highlight of the day for her. I like the little spot we frequent, cuz we never know what we will find on the end of the line. Lost a flathead trying to lift it over the seawall on my UL 4lb test line... Our goal is not to fill the dinner table, just to fight some fish and enjoy the day together. We win every time!
FYI, there are no flatheads in LSC (water is too clean for them). Most people get channel cats confused with flatheads because some will be a different color. The easiest way to tell is that channel cats have a forked tail where as the flathead doesn't.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the schooling! Never did see the entire tail, as the line snapped just about the time the tail was exiting the water. I always thought the channel cats were lighter in color. But, I googled some pics, and you are correct!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts