Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Capt Matt “Catfish” Firestein Whopper Stopper Charters on catching muskies in moving water

Thursday, April 21, 2016
Sports Channel Bar & Grill
25419 Jefferson Ave, St. Clair Shores
7:00 PM

Lake St. Clair Muskies Inc is excited to welcome Capt Matt “Catfish” Firestein (Whopper Stopper Charters) to our April, 2016 general membership meeting as our keynote speaker. Capt. Firestein is considered one of the best of the best when it comes to musky fishing. If you have ever wanted to learn about catching muskies this is the opportunity you have been waiting for. Although you may have heard him before, Catfish will be focusing on catching muskies in the current. With local opportunities to fish moving water in the St. Clair River and Detroit River, this is an excellent chance to learn how to expand your fishing area beyond Lake St. Clair.

The seminars Catfish has presented for our club have always been exceptional, with lots of great information to help anglers of all ages catch more and bigger muskies!

We will also be raffling off a musky fishing charter with Whopper Stopper Charters. Tickets are just $10 each. Only 100 tickets are available. The more you buy the better your chances of winning. Be sure to purchase your tickets the night of the meeting!

FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Meeting flyer 2016-04-21 (13)tc.jpg

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sounds awesome!!! See you there! Members that attend are also automatically entered in a raffle for a musky innovations rod. New members that sign up at the meeting qualify for this offer as well. You could win a new rod, a free trip with Catfish and learn a bunch of cool stuff about muskie fishing. Come check it out!

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Yeah, this should be a great one! The seminars Catfish has done that I've attended have been excellent, among the best I've ever seen. He really knows his stuff, interested to hear his tips on river fishing.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Probably can. I don't expect he'll limit it to any one technique.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Catfish will certainly present a lot of great info, and remember the limited (100 tickets) raffle to win a charter with him, and have a chance to really learn a lot!

Looking forward to seeing you all in a few hours. Be sure to leave early enough to account for the rush traffic if you're coming from the west side of town.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Hoping to make this one. Sure some of his tips could be applied to other fish in the river as well as musky :eek:ne_eye:.
That certainly turned out to be the case. In addition to casting and jigging, he covered trolling the rivers very well.

I keyed in on some of the concepts he was on about Saturday evening trolling the Detroit River, and got 7 mid 20s to low 30s inch pike and a couple low 20s inch 'eyes. Went 9 for about 14 in about 4.5 hours. Got fish on every pass, and lost a couple doubles that shook off before I could pick them up, and a couple or 3 short strikes.

Props to Catfish for another seminar packed with great info! And some nice fish pics.

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
That certainly turned out to be the case. In addition to casting and jigging, he covered trolling the rivers very well.

I keyed in on some of the concepts he was on about Saturday evening trolling the Detroit River, and got 7 mid 20s to low 30s inch pike and a couple low 20s inch 'eyes. Went about 9 for 14 in about 4.5 hours. Got fish on every pass, and lost a couple doubles that shook off before I could pick them up.

Props to Catfish for another seminar packed with great info! And some nice fish pics.
Now I really wish I would have foregone the Red Wings game and went. Sounds like you had a great outing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts