Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks tonight had to be the night, I got out of work and the temp was 10 below yesterday and everything felt right. It was not the "hot" night most were working a fish or two, I happened to take 4 but only 3 home to due to the fact the fish was so hungry it bit with its other mouth.

Have a good night

·
Registered
129 Posts
Nice job!! Enjoy your tasty treats.:D Will be out Friday night to joint you. Were you jiggin spoons or using bait?

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,447 Posts
Thanks for the report Marv!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
yea i was out there with a couple newbies last night had one on that was ligit but my net man was to slow and he poped off and we also hooked another one but it wasnt ligit so still a fun night tho

·
Registered
244 Posts
My son and I stopped out for awhile last as well. Not much happening yet, but soon......

·
Registered
12,984 Posts
Most days you need a 3/4 oz spoon just to get it to the bottom if you are vertical jigging. But the weather hasn't been too bad so I'm sure the current in the channel will allow for a lighter bait right now. We have found that the BPS Tungsten spoons work best. Smaller bait with a smaller hook = less foul hooked fish.

·
Banned
385 Posts
I found a simple method what works best for me:

28ft boat near the north wall. 28ft boat near the south wall. Stretch several hundred feet of heavy duty dipping net, coupled with several down rigger weights, across the channel. Strap each top corner of dipping net on backside top corner of each boat. Position net, than slowly troll boats towards Muskegon Lake.

It almost works better than spoons. :chillin:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I could probably use that rig for steelhead and salmon in the rivers too!! Sometime the simplest ideas pass me by!!:lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts