Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
A friend of mine was fishing at Muskegon today by the state park. He said there is 4 inches of ice there. Not sure about the rest of the lake. I am goig in the AM to see if I can pick up some perch and gills. I'll report if I do.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Muskegon Lake is "basically" froze over ... Snug Harbor has 5" going to 3" as you head towards the main lake and is producing some panfish and an occasional pike. Didn't see anyone anywhere else on the lake. White Lake at the "Narrows" has a reported 5" of ice and is producing pike and walleye. Steelhead in the usual ice-steelie spots on Slammer Tip-Ups on the usual ice-steelie lakes ... "yup, Richie got his limit." Haven't heard OF ANY MACHINES ON THE ICE anywhere. White River Steelheaders' Perch Festival at the Montague VFW is next weekend - LOTS of NICE prizes - tickets available at local bait shops.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
That's the only word that accurately describes my Saturday morning fishing experience at Snug Harbor. I logged four hours and didn't get so much as a bite...still was good to be on the ice though;)

·
Registered
18,038 Posts
White Lake has ice from the river to White Lake Drive. The West end is not safe yet.

Note: The Democratic party bosses still refuse to take out their barriers at the end of Nestrom Road on White Lake. Those barriers are in placed to specifically keep fisherman and ice boaters from having safe or conveinient parking at the lake. The barriers were put in place July 19, 2002 as a favor to party chair buddy next door to the road end. This year they added even higher extensions to the post just to snub their contempt to the local residents of White Lake and local tourism. The Democratic party boss is the Chair of the Muskegon County Road Commision. One local disabled visitor to the lake was violently assaulted by the neighbor as he tried to go pass the barriers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts