Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Woods and Water Rat
20,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First trip in the boat, didn't hook anything. Tried around the pier and North a little bit. Was hoping the sun would come out but did not look like that was gonna happen so I called it early. Maybe next time.
I'll toss in some details on what didn't work. Ran planers and a long line. Blue, orange and gold, and silver raps and t sticks.
Broke the end off my manual rigger at the dock. I blame my buddy as he had to work, couldn't make it and wasn't there to stop my boat when my motor stalled.
This kind of fishing I really prefer a buddy along to help out!

·
Registered
771 Posts
thanks for the report. I just got in from trolling just south of muskegon for a couple of hours. Right off the bat we hooked a fish and lost it right at the boat. Looked like a big laker, maybe 10lbs. Fish hit a orange/gold cleo in 12fow. No more luck after this. There were a few boats out, but i didn't see anyone dip a net.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Sorry to hear about your rigger. I did the shakedown cruise out of Pt Sheldon, with a little 18" brown to show for my effort, Bomber back 50' off planer in 6 FOW. Same bait took two other rips in shallow and we had a fish hit out by the bubbler on a Deep Reef Runner, back 50' as well. Nice fishing nearly FAC conditions and I am happy to say that the boat appears to be in good shape for the walleye/pike opener two weeks away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts