Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to see if anyone had a Muskegon Lake report from Wednesday or Thursday. Possibly going out on Friday and wanted ice condition report and fishing report. Looking at Black Buoy or Sand Docks. Any Perch?

Thanks much for any info.:D :D

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Been a pretty good sized group of guys out by the Black Buoy this week. Whether they're catching fish or not I can't tell. They were packed pretty tightly so that may be a sign??

Good luck if you make it out.

Scott

·
Registered
179 Posts
we wandered all over Muskegon yesterday 2/26 about 8am to 2pm. we ended up with 15 perch and threw back 2 small walleyes 141/2 and 14 3/4. Caught the little eyes in 50fow on wigglers. The fishing was slow and there is quite a bit of slush. There was about 8" clear ice with top varying from 1" to 6" of white ice to water. Most the fish and bites came in 40 fow or better on wigglers.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Timdog, where were you, Black Buoy, red buoy, sand docks, second street? Was ice good at 8AM or was it slushy all of the time?

Thanks for the info.....

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sand docks was the only one of above we didn't try. Seen a couple shanties over there. The ice was tight in the morning but pretty slushy in places during afternoon wasn't a problem driving around them. Buddy just came off the lake caught about the same as yesterday.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I just came off the lake, from Black Bouy. Caught about 35 perch in the 8 to 10 inch range. Not near as big as the ones I got last Sat. No problem with the ice, it was tight this morning and still tight tonight. A few slush spots, but again not as bad as last Sat.
Fished in 50ft. of water, just west of black bouy. The fish are right tight to the bottom and biting real lite.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the report AsphaltDave. Maybe I'll see you in the AM. I'll have the wood sled with ski's. Heard the bait of choice was wigglers, huh? Sounds like a gorgous day regardless of how good the fishing is.

Best of luck!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Watch for weak spots off second! Old man and I caught some pike on Tues. We went back on Wensday, and headed SE. He didn't make it 50 yds and he was in 5 ft of water. Its easy to get comfortable when seeing people out where your heading. No fish but some great laughs:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I fished off Second Street last night and off to the left towards the river a four wheeler went through. The guys got out but don't think they got the four wheeler. Hover craft was out there from the fire department. As most people know, this time of year can get real bad out there. I would suggest foot only travel and use a spud. I went off to the right in 25 ft and did finally catch a 21" walleye after several fishing tries. The ice over by me was 8 - 12 inches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts