Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen a thread for it what going on out there? I haven't had a chance to get out and see in k-zoo.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
still open plan on making a trio in the boat on saterday

·
Registered
174 Posts
Northwest side of the lake is iced over, there is a shanty at the end of weber road it looks like, I may head over there today to see if the ice is safe.

But the majority of the lake is open and they are nailing the perch out there right now!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Northwest side of the lake is iced over, there is a shanty at the end of weber road it looks like, I may head over there today to see if the ice is safe.

But the majority of the lake is open and they are nailing the perch out there right now!
That is a duck blind, it has been out there all fall. It was surrounded by open water on Friday. Snug harbor is frozen over now, but I haven't seen anyone out there fishing yet.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Just drove by the lake, there was 1 shanty about 100 feet from the launch at Snug Harbor. There were a couple of boat's trolling in front of Second Street and 6 - 8 boat's perch fishing between Bear Lake and Muskegon channel's. There is quite a bit more ice today than there was on Friday.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx for the report. I guess perch will be the bait fish again this year. I went to the narrows yesterday it was slow. Ice was good. I think the east wind had something to do with it yesterday. I heard it was pretty good out there Sat n Sun. Got west wind today so I'm crossing my fingers. Keep the updates on Muskegon lake please. I can't wait to get out there.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Went to the narrow's on White Lake this morning, 5"s of good ice. I only caught a bunch of small perch. There were quite a few guy's chasing flag's today, I think that was mainly from the wind. I didn't see anyone actually catch one.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
12-22-09 went for a ride around the south side of the lake to check it out. From Red buoy along most of the south side there was some thin ice and actually saw 1 boat out around Strawberry Island area (probably walleye guys).

Went by Cottage Grove launch and saw a flat bottom boat that just pulled out and there was 150 to 250 yds of thin ice in front of the launch. Looks to be getting close to the end of boating season as that will be iced in within the next week once the slight rise in temps pass with Christmas.

I pretty much perch fish in the deeper areas on the west end so I cannot make an update regarding Snug or the Conservation Club where the first good ice shows.

I have to get my blades sent in off of my power auger to get ready to get me some perchies in a few weeks. Last year was pretty good to me on qty not necessarilly on size - hopefully there will be more 9"+ fish out there this season.

Good luck and be safe.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
wind took care of the ice today there is none other than in snug harbor now.

·
Registered
771 Posts
darn wind! took a drive along the south side yesterday after fishing a couple small lakes up north and it's wide open all the way to shore.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I never get my hopes up until the 2nd week of January, anything before that is a bonus. Most of the time its mid January, unless of course ur fishing snug harbor.

·
Registered
29 Posts
OK Carlson lets get this perch thing going. I know you can do it. I haven't fished in a while but plan on getting out New Years weekend :fish:I Am just waiting to hear about all you nuts ICE FISHING !

·
Registered
536 Posts
Mid January would be a good thing but the way its goin it might be begining of Febuary ,my gosh cant catch a break. Unless it gets really cold soon like single digits and near 0 at night. Lets hope for the best

1 - 20 of 34 Posts