Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished snug harbor from 1 - 4pm yesterday. Had to stay close to shore, ice thinned quickly past 50 yards out. Managed 20 keeper (still not big) gills and one perch. Probably a dozen guys came and went while I was there, everybody managed some gills. Mousies seemed the best, but waxies and red spikes also worked. Got my fix!

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ice was 3 - 4" but a little soft on top in spots. Staying in close was fine, I tried going out farther, but got to a point where I could put the spud through with one throw and that was enough for me.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Is it good ice or mostly honeycomb? I think I'll try to get my Dad out there this Saturday if it's still good ice!

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would call it fair ice. I was not totally clear - maybe the first couple inches, then white. There was also some shelf ice close in. You'd have to go pretty far out to get past 3 fow, so while I don't look to get wet, I didn't worry about it too much either. Actually, the most productive spot was right in front of the launch about 100 foot out. There's heavy weeds on both sides of the launch - in front is pretty clear from boat traffic. Cut a few holes on either side and you could probably get right tight to the weed line without too much trouble.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.