Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I am a youngster(14) But I am an avid bass fisherman with my dad...anyways we would like to fish Muskegon lake this year but we have never been on it before...I was wondering if you guys could give me some pionters on where to start.Also any lures to try..Any info would be great

Thanks...Chris:D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Chris:

You may want to repost this once ice fishing season has ended, the Warm Water section gets a lot more action then.

Anyway, Muskegon Lake is an awesome fishing lake (bass, pike, walleye, perch, etc.)! It's actually open for catch and release bass fishing during the month of April.

Will you have access to a boat? If so, I would fish in the area called Snug Harbor. It's located in the northwest section of the lake. There is a DNR ramp so you can launch right there. This section is somewhat shallow and gets weedy in the summer. A perfect spot for largemouths, smallmouths, and pike! I would cast spinnerbaits or suspending Rapala Husky Jerks. You might want to experiment with colors. (I like white and/or chartruse spinnerbaits and black/silver and/or black/gold Rapalas.)

If you don't have a boat, I would fish in the channel or out on one of the peirs. Here is a link with some info regarding shore fishing... http://www.glft.org (Go to the Angler Access Guide and then All Locations).

Good Luck - Tight Lines! Report back after your trip.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts