Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

21 - 41 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Posted on another thread - Snug Harbor is iced in and people fishing. Out ~100 yards the ice is ~ 3”. Bring a spud.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I saw no evidence of activity over the deepwater yet. Hope the snow isn't too deep by this time tomorrow.

·
Registered
78 Posts
There can't be much ice on the main part of the lake. I drove by GT Friday afternoon and it was open water everywhere. Even at the launch.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Went by cottage grove today...could see bare ice or wet snow.....saw a few guys on mona lake east of Henry st bridge

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'll be doing a drive by check tomorrow. I'll let you all know what I see. My dad lives on cottage grove and needs a ride to get blood testing. I'll visually see what's happening.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I did a drive by today. It's getting there. The freighter did not do fisherman's landing any favors. Not looking good there. Marinas may be fishable. West side of GT someone spudded out 15 ft or so, drilled a hole, 2" at best. Snow cover doesn't look too terrible. I'm thinking mid week next week, for me anyways.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Guys were contemplating 2nd Street this afternoon. Didn't stay to see if they went out. Fished on 6 inches last night on snug harbor.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Saw 1 guy at sand docks Friday....looked iffy. Nobody else fishing the west end. Saw another guy checking the ice at west access point of gt docks....he said the snow areas were iffy. Need more cold to get to where I'll be going out over deep water. Keep it cold and light on the snow....be safe!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
There were a bunch of guys out off of Second street this afternoon. I was thinking about giving it a try in the morning, then saw a post on Facebook that multiple guys have gone through the ice this weekend..... Will wait another week or two.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Got a nice catch of perch & gills this afternoon on snug. Big crowd today. Waxworms, 10 fow, single hook with red bead.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Saw a shanty out a ways off the sand docks....2nd guy I've seen on that ice....for that matter on the west end deep water. Be safe. Need more cold and less snow.

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,322 Posts
Saw a shanty out a ways off the sand docks....2nd guy I've seen on that ice....for that matter on the west end deep water. Be safe. Need more cold and less snow.
Can't fix.... 🤐🙄

21 - 41 of 186 Posts