Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished off 2nd st. this morning 9 to 12:30. Only caught 7 perch but 2 were the heaviest I believe I've ever caught. The biggest was a tad under 14" and the 2nd 13 1/4". But they both had huge bellies I couldn't find scale but I'll bet the largest is awfully close to a pound maybe both are. Fish were so full of minnows they had tails hanging out of thier mouths. Good fishing Tim

·
Registered
295 Posts
Timdog-

You might want to hit that same spot again this Saturday. The Michigan Anglers' Association is having their annual Muskegon Perch Derby this Saturday, February 7th. Weigh-in is at Hagar's Hideaway next to the Viking's on the south side of the lake.

Tickets are $2 and are available at local bait shops.

Steve-

The nearest baitshop to 2nd St. is Angler Archer. Snug Harbor Motel and Bait Shop is also on the north side of the lake.

"2nd St." access is actually off of 1st St in North Muskegon. There's a ball-park with parking in the field behind it right on the lake.

·
Administrator
35,733 Posts
Straight out from the launch in the "group" of shanties. Fished from 8-1. 8-10 inches of ice with slush and lots of snow on top. Many 4 wheelers had trouble in it.

Only caught 1 dink perch. Finally ran out of ideas to divert by boy's boredom. Left at 1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts