Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry it took so long to post this. It's been a busy weekend and Monday. We went out of Muskegon Saturday morning with the rest of the armada and headed straight west. Morning fish seemed to be in several depths. Heard fish reports in 45-60 FOW, 85-110 FOW, and then out in th 180-200 range. We were in the 85 FOW range first and went 2 for 5. Fished until around 9 am then trolled west into 180 FOW. We were marking a lot of good fish at about 30 feet down but couldn't get any takers. Around noon my crew (wife and daughter) decided to mutiny on me and told me it was too nice of a day to spend trolling (I can't believe they are my relation!) Since we had gotten the skunk out of the box, I relented and we cut the motor, pulled lines, and had a swim in the most emerald water I have seen on the lake in a long time. Sun was shining, the water was calm, and you could see down over 25 feet. Water temps held at 75 degrees so it was a good dip in the big pond. Even though I would have liked to go after a few more fish, it was not a bad day. Two in the box and a great day with the family.
At the dock on the way back in, I saw a 25#er that the guy said he caught in 190 FOW, 90 feet down at noon. Nice fish.

Good luck if you get out, things are finally heating up. Also, kudos to fishhoge for his superhero rescue. It's an honor to have someone like him in our ranks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts