Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went 1 for 3 fishing solo out Muskegon Sunday morning from about 7:30-9:30am. First rip was in 30' of water on a glow spoon. Fish gone after about 30 seconds. Didn't see a whole lot of action right out in front of the piers, so went a little deeper, 55' of water, and put down the SWR with the Blue Dolphin spoon and got a hit on it a minute later. While I'm fighting that fish, the glow spoon rod goes again and this rod is going beserk :yikes:.

First double header fishing solo for me and I didn't want to lose both of them so I let that rod continue to go and managed to land a 12# King on the SWR. Went back to the other rod and this fish was still going strong. Managed to get him within about 10' of the boat and as I'm reaching for the net the fish decides to wrap himself around the downrigger cable 3 times. I somehow managed to unwrap the rod and the fish was still on right underneath the boat. Tried to get him in but the hook finally gave way on the lure and I lost him.

Getting 2 on at once was a nice problem to have, but I'm not sure what I should have done better in the future to land both of the fish (if it ever happens again!)

·
Registered
233 Posts
First time out this year and we were 4 for 4 in 1.5 hours. All fish came from 45 to 50 fow. We were close to the pier, but just far enough to stay out of the traffic. Green ladderback glowspoon (bounty hunter) took 3 (35 ft. down on a rigger), and a Rapture blue bubble fly behind a blue glow spin doctor on a dipsy 125' back got the other. All fish were between 5 lbs. and 8 lbs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts