Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished out of Muskegon on Tuesday evening and ended up 1/1. Needed to get the shakedown out of the way and polish up the skills for the upcoming Brown Blast so we took advantage of the light east winds.

Started trolling right at the pierheads and headed south. Went all the way down to Mona Lake (about 4 miles?) staying in close between 8' and 15'. Then we turned around and headed back north staying out a little deeper, around 30'. Marked a few fish out there near the bottom but didn't get a hit until we were almost back up to Muskegon. Just when we were going to call it quits out of nowhere comes this chrome 10lb hen. It hit an orange jointed body bait w/ a half ounce snap weight about 15 feet up from the lure. Great way to start out the season... Those skeins will hopefully serve me well.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mister ED said:
Nice job Karl. I WAS hoping to get out today or Thurs .... but that was until I heard the weather forecast!:sad:
Yeah I am glad I got out when I did.. I hope it isn't like this on Saturday... :rant:

·
Super Moderator
10,562 Posts
Nice Karl, good to see someone is getting out. Lake sure looked nice.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Just Talked With My Buddie, He Was The One In The 12' Canoe And The 8hp Nission 4 stoke.... They Did Good... 3 Steelhead Couple Walleyes.... Looked Like A Nice Day..........

Jeff

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
karl.dykema said:
It sure was.
:D

Man that is one kick *** photo............gotta love it........just too bad it doesn't stay that way more often...............

·
Registered
83 Posts
Oh...my! What a be-you-tea-full picture! Breathtaking to me although puzzling to some people.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts