Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thread for 2022 Lake Michigan fishing reports out of Muskegon.

In previous years I make the first trip in mid-May. It has been good for mid-teens silver kings.

This year I am behind on preventive maintenance, although I don’t expect much repair to be needed.

Tackle should be fine for the first trip. Need to put new batteries in the scale and Fish Hawk, and charge the main and accessory batteries. Adjust trailer tire pressures and a squirt of grease in the hubs and I should be good to go.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Maiden voyage fir a couple hours this afternoon with my son. The boy found a 28" brown ready for a fight as we passed the pier heads. Also took a 12" king that was bleeding too bad to release. Both ate stinger spoons, orange dolphin and watermelon. Harbor was 50 degrees, stained lake mi water was 46.
View attachment 828369
What a friggin beeeeassstttt

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice work! Seems like a few more browns are showing up. I've seen a decent report out of Whitehall with some good Kings. Hoping to get out in the next week or so if the boat is ready to go.

·
Registered
518 Posts
05/11/22 am 4 Kings 6 Coho, 2 Kings each 3 Coho each we were 10 for 11 Matt lost King at back of boat brought in too green. 55 fow troll south riggers 37 & 47 down-all Kings by 11 ammoved to 80-90 fow , caught Coho on 200 cu, 175 cu Mag wire Dipsey 50 down Coho plus both sliders took Coho at above setting 2.7 speed at the ball. Never found any water warmer than 45 degrees.fog was like pea soup whole time up until we cleared channel into Muskegon lk
Food Seafood Cuisine Fish Ray-finned fish

Water Sky Cloud Fisherman Outdoor recreation

Water Vertebrate Boat Sky Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Food Grey Fish Seafood Fin

·
Registered
518 Posts
Nice box ya got there. I gotta ask but since it was left out I figure it was intentional... spoons? flasher-fly? meat? On the kings, that is. Great job!
Not on purpose at all lack of sleep lol All fish on spoons Mongolian beef rv, blue jeans ,,flounder pounder blue, blue Dolphin took the kings, COHO came on Rasta goose, lemon ice gold,orange blk ladder, flounder pounder orange, all spoons standard size , couldn’t get the paddle fly program to fire so I changed to all spoons Except 1 chrome, blue uv paddle , mercy fly, (aqua blue glow) to bring fish into spread !😱🕶🐟

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How is the water level and dock situation at Snug Harbor this year? Any different from last year?

1 - 20 of 144 Posts