Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hey Mojo I think it's this link...

NOAA/GLERL/RECON - Muskegon BioSonics Buoy

Realtime Coastal Observation Network (ReCON) Station
Muskegon M45 Buoy Location: 43° 13.945´ N, 86° 28.049´ W, Depth: 148 ft (45 m)

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I'm wondering whether that bouy to the north is the anchor bouy. Saw it also last week.

Wohoo...you got it for the bouy site!!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
There is a bottom sensor...so the offset bouy is probably the sensor.

Dont pass between the weather bouy and the marker bouy. They do move around. The marker was to the NE when I saw it...pretty good distance apart.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Fished Muskegon yesterday (6/9) out of the 16’ Alumacraft... set up in 180 straight out and worked out on a West troll all the way to 270; never lifted a rod. Started on an in troll and worked back East all the way in to 120. Hit around a 3 pound trout on a mag moonshine Green Jeans 62’ down on a rigger. After another hour without a bite we pulled lines and headed way out. Sat down in 320 ft. Hit a nice 6 pound trout pretty quickly on a full core with a mag moonshine green shorts. That rig took a 2 pound coho shortly after we reset it. Had a small steelhead hit a stinger stingray freaking blue veggie silver blank spoon on a 3 color... it jumped a couple times and was probably only a few pounds but came unbuttoned after a few minutes. While we were fighting that fish we took another 2 lb coho on an ss green jeans free sliding over the magnum green jeans that we took our first fish on 65’ down. We then took a 5 pound trout on a 5 color with a magic man reg size spoon with the orange tape on the back, and had a 10.5” steelhead dragging on our one color when we pulled lines. That bait was a standard blue veggies on a stinger regular sized spoon. We kept it because it was beyond dead when we got it in the boat and would’ve been seagull food. That was it for us, 6 for 7. We ran so much that we only had half a gallon of gas left in our six gallon tank when we got in! That was a little scary. Really had to work for them today!! Does anyone know of any trout grounds around the Muskegon area? I feel like that might be our go to over the next month until the silvers show back up... thanks and tight lines!!...

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Anybody do anything over the weekend? I opted out due to the fact that it seems that the June swoon is in full swing....and also seen and heard that the alewives are in to spawn. I'm not interested in spending a half day hoping to get a steel way out....hope a few kings show up end of the month and into July.....last few yrs MKG was pretty bad after the alewives spawned.

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
Anybody do anything over the weekend? I opted out due to the fact that it seems that the June swoon is in full swing....and also seen and heard that the alewives are in to spawn. I'm not interested in spending a half day hoping to get a steel way out....hope a few kings show up end of the month and into July.....last few yrs MKG was pretty bad after the alewives spawned.
Went out Thursday and Friday.
2-5 Thursday AM up by Duck Lake. 6 lines. Small ho and a mid teen king. Fished 6:30-10:30. Most hits in 160. Surface temps were high 50s in shallow and low 60's out deeper

3-4 Friday AM solo went all the way up by Stony Lake. 6 lb king, 4 lb LT, 2 lb Ho. Lost fish was Steel. Fished 6-930. All hits in 190's top 60 fow. Temp was around 60

·
Registered
24 Posts
Fished Muskegon this morning. Early start and made 1 pass inside the pier arms for walleye, no bites with a lot of alwieves everywhere and green slime on baits after about 15 minutes. Picked and ran to 60ft. Trolled back towards pierheads on a really nice looking slick and had a decent steelie kick my butt after hitting a braid diver 40 ft back charging boat, passing it, and then shooting out and back the other side of downrigger cable cutting the leader. Baby king in 40ft. Nothing else to show so ran out deep. 290 - 350 and then trolled back in with a laker on a rigger down 130 in 260ft. Two face DW mag spoon. If you count the little king was 2 for 3. Very few marks anywhere and no bait marked in main lake. Switched a lot of baits and worked from 1 color all way to 300 copper and the diver all over. Until next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
9,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Thanks for the report. Good to hear that alewives are doing their thing!

101 - 110 of 110 Posts