Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
It must be super cold when you get out there a mile or so. I used to fish there but it takes cold to a new level. I opt for the more sheltered areas now to get out of the wind a little more

·
Registered
896 Posts
Slow for everyone I talked to last couple days. Hardly any perch, and about 1 out of 4 walleyes are keepers. This is only my 8th year living up here, but I am seeing a huge increase in walleyes caught in the bay. And I've only seen a handful of undersize eyes in years past. Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Did good today 6 eyes biggest was a 5 pounder one 29 inch Norhtern and a few perch the biggest was 13'. Buddy check in with four keepers.

·
Registered
896 Posts
What part of the bay? I've tried near Pine and Grassy both, about the same both places for me

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I've noticed the same thing with the walleye, my groups caught over 3 dozen so far this season, only about 10 keepers but their all healthy fish. This high water helped them a ton I think, as well as the double mayfly hatch. Anything out deep yet? Saw some guys out on the trough this morning, thinking about making the run for it next weekend.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I've noticed the same thing with the walleye, my groups caught over 3 dozen so far this season, only about 10 keepers but their all healthy fish. This high water helped them a ton I think, as well as the double mayfly hatch. Anything out deep yet? Saw some guys out on the trough this morning, thinking about making the run for it next weekend.

I haven't tried out deep, but with the amount of fish we're catching shallow I might wait a while.

·
Registered
586 Posts
What part of the bay? I've tried near Pine and Grassy both, about the same both places for me

My son did better in the morning and the best bite was from 0730-0930. But his buddy fishing 15 yards away caught 3 keeper and that pike in the evening. He did say that he had alot of thru backs. Sauturday a father/son team had a bucket of eys somwhere by Pine. i myself have been working nights all weekend but that ends in the morning so I might have to give it a shot.

·
Registered
46 Posts
are there spots that you can walk to out on munuscong? this is my first time being here and I don't have a sled or quad.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
are there spots that you can walk to out on munuscong? this is my first time being here and I don't have a sled or quad.
Depends on your definition of walking distance. I don't have a quad or sled till the boats paid off, so I was walking 2.5-3 miles every weekend to fish. Was worth every footstep. I've probably walked 20+ miles out there this season.

·
Registered
896 Posts

This year more than others it's walkable. The water is up a ways. There were 3 guys who walked out Sunday, I talked to them at the launch. I found there gloves and Stormy Kromer on the ground. PM me for info

·
Registered
46 Posts
ok thats not bad. so ive heard a few mention pine island. is that a good place to start?? Im not asking for spots, but just some regions so im not going out there so blindly.

·
Registered
207 Posts
ok thats not bad. so ive heard a few mention pine island. is that a good place to start?? Im not asking for spots, but just some regions so im not going out there so blindly.
the best action i have ever gotten out there was just walking blindly, headed north north west til i got tired and popped a few holes. munuscong is very user friendly in my opinion

·
Registered
207 Posts
after a few times out you'll get a feel for what to look for and where to stay away from

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ok cool! That makes me feel a lot better. How is the ice consistency?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Ok cool! That makes me feel a lot better. How is the ice consistency?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
There's trucks out there right now. Solid foot all over the bay. The channels got close to a foot as well.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Picked up four eye's tonight the best of the year was this 24" golden girl.

Nice catch man!! did it have a swedish pimple in its jaw?? lol we lost an absolute hawg at the hole the other night

1 - 20 of 116 Posts