Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having any luck in munoscong near neebish island. Going to head that way for some fishing next week. Would like to target some walleye. Any tips or tricks for that area would be appreciated.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Anyone having any luck in munoscong near neebish island. Going to head that way for some fishing next week. Would like to target some walleye. Any tips or tricks for that area would be appreciated.
This time of the year walleye's are biting from 8ft to 28ft. Find some humps, good humps on back side of nebbish and troll bottom bouncers and crawler harnesses. Just south of neebish island on the up bound side is always good. So is the rock cut. If you got a good boat Raber bay has been good too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
This time of the year walleye's are biting from 8ft to 28ft. Find some humps, good humps on back side of nebbish and troll bottom bouncers and crawler harnesses. Just south of neebish island on the up bound side is always good. So is the rock cut. If you got a good boat Raber bay has been good too.
I like to fish about 10 to 14 ft of water seems to get me the most fish. I normally run 1 oz bottom bouncers fishing that depth

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great thanks for the info I know right where you mean.I have fished that area for years for pike. Just never targeted walleye. I know they are there I have picked up a stray or two on cranks over the years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sad to say my u.p. vacation is over. Munoscong lake and surrounding area fishing was slow. Due to a long drawn out mayfly hatch fish were not hungry.did manage to catch a few walleye a few small mouth and one nice pike. I watched my father catch a 36in 15 lb pike. Made my whole trip.I have outfished my father for years so it was good to see him out do me for once. He had his day!

·
Registered
29 Posts
We use to camp on the river there and fish for bullhead many many years ago 30+
Last time I was there the river was so low it didn't look like a good size boat would make it down.
But we were there 3 years ago in the fall and caught a bunch of bass on the north side of the bay, lots of memory's there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The water has really come back . it is up this year a bunch. I have been going there 30 years myself. Love it there. If there were decent jobs there I would move.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Heading back to neebish for holiday weekend . if you have any tips or reports for the area would love to hear them.

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
All are fish came trolling into the current at 2 on the gps. 20 to 30 fow.. The mouth of the Garden or any deep water east of the power plant has been giving up fish. Most are using down riggers..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts