Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Nothing on the cranks, but did catch one nice 20" walleye on a crawler. Switched to trolling for pike and caught 4, only one keeper, 27".

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for reports. Headed up on the 16th. I didn't do that well last year about the same time of year. Bite seemed to be early morning before and just after daylight. Going to try earlier in the morning this year and try more cranks. Hope to get over to Burt and try that one or two days. Not sure how long it takes to get from Aloha down to Burt.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Thanks for reports. Headed up on the 16th. I didn't do that well last year about the same time of year. Bite seemed to be early morning before and just after daylight. Going to try earlier in the morning this year and try more cranks. Hope to get over to Burt and try that one or two days. Not sure how long it takes to get from Aloha down to Burt.
It will be a LONG ride from Aloha to Burt Lake. You have about 8 miles from the park to get to the Indian River, which is between the two lakes. The river is about 4 miles (straight line) of twisty turns with no wake the whole way. I think it takes about an hour to get through it. I would stay in Mullet and try around the islands about 2 miles NW of the park. I was trolling the west side of the lake in about 17 fow.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It will be a LONG ride from Aloha to Burt Lake. You have about 8 miles from the park to get to the Indian River, which is between the two lakes. The river is about 4 miles (straight line) of twisty turns with no wake the whole way. I think it takes about an hour to get through it. I would stay in Mullet and try around the islands about 2 miles NW of the park. I was trolling the west side of the lake in about 17 fow.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I figured it was quite a ride from aloha. Been going there for 20 years but never been to that end of the lake since we never had a boat that was big enough. How did you do on the fish? I see you have an alumacraft. I have been wanting a trophy or tournament sport for a few years but haven't been able to find a used one in Michigan that met my needs, finally just drove to Minnesota and bought a used one. So far love the boat.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I will be there Jul. 19 in a White Lund lot 183 stop in and say hi and share how we'er doing.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
I got lucky finding my boat last year. Went to look at another used boat and they took this one on trade the day before and didn't have it listed yet. Older guy traded it in on a new boat. Great shape for a 15 year old boat. Kept one pike and a walleye from Mullet

1 - 17 of 17 Posts