Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SM, whats the deal with the clutch kits? even a tech at the Kawi dealer was talking about it and a chip to add more HP. I'm sure they are not necessary But???:D

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
SM, whats the deal with the clutch kits? even a tech at the Kawi dealer was talking about it and a chip to add more HP. I'm sure they are not necessary But???:D
A lot of people add clutch kits and a FI controller to get more from the Motor. The Kaw Vtwin is a great motor that is bottled up somewhat at the factory. It's easy and relatively inexpensive to make it scream. Most of the guys on the forums that do it are out west and run open dessert and dunes. They all want top end. She's limited to about 50 or so stock, but these kits are getting guys into the mid 60's with a controller and a clutch kit. There are also a couple 840CC kits available for about a grand. Couple those with the clutching etc and these guys are hitting the 70's with a reliable motor. On the dunes, horsepower rules but for us midwesterners I'm not sure we can put it to good use most of the time....unless you go to Silver lake. Pipes are also popular....the Kaw can be made to sound like an uncorked Harley with ease. Certain to piss off both your neighbors and your hunting buddies! check out some youtube videos of the teryx. Dragonfire racing is one of the companies leading the way in performance goodies to the T. I would think a clutch kit would be a good investment if you were to put 27" or 28" 6-8ply heavy mud tires on.....which is exactly my plan at some point. The kaw has the power from the factory to turn those meats but a clutch kit will lengthen the life of the belt, or so they say.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info, You can never have enough speed, til you hit something.:D 50+ mph is smoking though our trails.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts