Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious, are any of you members of Michigan United Deer Hunters? Does anyone have an opinion about the organization?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I am. It sounded like a good idea after reading about it. I have to say i haven't had much involvement at all. I got on their forum a few times to begin with. If anything, I think it helps politically to have a large number of hunters "banded" together.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes, I am a member of MUDH.
And yes, I also find the password and log-in name clumsy. I posted a message there suggesting changes to their forum.
In reply to suggestions from myself and others, the MUDH site designers claim they are making lots of great changes "soon".
It was at their forum that I heard about Michigan Sportsman.
I am not giving up on the organization. It is still new and every effort we can make to keep our sport viable is worthwhile.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I belong also and don't have a problem with thier log in process.They are a new orginization and I think they will do good things there.They seem to have a good repore with the DNR nad NRC people also as well as as the media.It's free to join and so far they have some really good people there...I believe they have close to 12,000 members...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I went to the MUDH site. I am always looking for ways to support my passion. Free lifetime membership and site states not looking for any money can't ask for much more than that, also states won't give out or sell my info. When I was filling out my member info it asked if I was referred by a current member. Don't know what that gets you but if any current members are out their PM me with your member number if you would be willing to refer me.:help:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
In the Forums page on their site I read where the log in process will be much easier along with other changes coming in Mid January. (free classified ads, and other member perks). I like their stand against Farm Bureau threats and their goal to make it mandatory to use bug tags on button bucks. I also like that it is free and growing ... not stagnant like some other groups.

I see the DNR has a page there as well. :)

·
Premium Member
7,379 Posts
jimmyboy said:
I gave up on them because of their 'assigned' rediculous password.I'm not memorizing anymore stupis stuff!
All you have to do is log in - and then go to your profile and change it :)

ferg....

:yikes:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
bullcan said:
I am but not really involved in it, I answer the surveys they send out and that is about it.
Ditto...:)

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Rome wasn't built in a day either. Maybe they don't have the same tech support that other web sites have. Just give them time and we'll have a great site going. :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jimmyboy said:
I gave up on them because of their 'assigned' rediculous password.I'm not memorizing anymore stupis stuff!
Hang in there Jimmyboy. That is going to change soon. Don't let that deter you from being a part of an organization that once established my be able to help fix some of the problems that we all have been addressing. Let's give MUDH a chance!! We have nothing to lose and allot to gain. Free life membership, we can all afford to be apart of this organization.http://www.mudh.com

·
Registered
19,128 Posts
skulldugary said:
...........They seem to have a good repore with the DNR nad NRC people also as well as as the media...........
Why do you believe that they have a good rapport with DNR & NRC ?

L & O

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Liver and Onions said:
Why do you believe that they have a good rapport with DNR & NRC ?

L & O
This is one of the six goals listed on the MUDH web site.

Assist DNR and NRC Obtain Resources

Some government agencies are short of the necessary funds to provide the full range of services they are charged to do. The DNR is no exception. Deer biologists, law enforcement, fisheries, and other game management forces are virtually all under staffed. Federal mandates and the diversion of resources to manage bovine TB and testing and oversight of the potential for chronic wasting disease also place unforeseeable demands of DNR staff and budgets. MUDH intends to work with the DNR, NRC, the State Legislature, and mass media outlets to help identify and obtain the resources necessary to fulfill the DNR's obligation under Proposal G

Also, the DNR now has its own page on their web site to communicate with hunters... :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts