Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me where mud creek is in relation to the Saginaw Bay area?

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Between Bayport and Sand point/Caseville.

·
Registered
150 Posts
End of Filion road

·
Registered
552 Posts
Is that whole area, Wildfowl Bay, sketchy? My husband and I have always wanted to fish it but have heard that there are spots that are sketchy because of sand bars. We've fished it in the spring for wallys and always thought it would be a great place on the ice for pike, too.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have only been there once but I have GPS coordinates from two separate years of people going through and they are only about 100' apart. I will post them later when I have access to them.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Would appreciate that! We've never been fishing out in the Bay any where. Should have went last year but we didn't. The older we get, the more cautious we get. Nothing wrong with that but I think we are missing out on a really, really good time!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Never hurts to be too cautious. My number 1 priority while ice fishing is staying dry.

Not saying this is the only place to watch out for its just points I've added to my gps to stay well clear of. They were posted on this site over the years. From the wildfowl bay area. The first is N 43 53.163 W 83 22 .216. The other one is N 43 53.188 W 83 22.223

·
Registered
203 Posts
I grew up there and there is currents the swirl in the bay. Usually right off then end of beadle bay channel is a bad are . if you head towards north island from the access site the ice is usually pretty safe. Geiger rd is south of there and there is usually good ice and good perch fishing there also.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Was over there between Christmas and new years, which was a while ago now, but the ice looked pretty rough out there as it seems to all over this year bumpy and broken up. There is a great tackle shop in caseville Walshs gun and tackle they guys are great and will steer you in the proper direction

·
Registered
524 Posts
Was over there between Christmas and new years, which was a while ago now, but the ice looked pretty rough out there as it seems to all over this year bumpy and broken up. There is a great tackle shop in caseville Walshs gun and tackle they guys are great and will steer you in the proper direction
Bypass Walsh's and stop to the sports barn in Sebewaing.

·
Registered
812 Posts
There is coordinates on a board at mud creek where the bad spots always are. Something to do with the bottom in that spot kind of right in the middle of that bay, not cause by a creek....ice is sketchy right now for sure.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The huron sheriff also posts gps coordinates at access points. Can't say if its the same coordinates as above. The area does produce perch and pike. The ice should be good. I had 6" plus yesterday out of bay port. The wind dropped a bit. I tried 3ft water. No luck, wind picked back up, i left. I did see 1 snowmobile cross the ice.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Never hurts to be too cautious. My number 1 priority while ice fishing is staying dry.

Not saying this is the only place to watch out for its just points I've added to my gps to stay well clear of. They were posted on this site over the years. From the wildfowl bay area. The first is N 43 53.163 W 83 22 .216. The other one is N 43 53.188 W 83 22.223
Thank you. Nice to know in case we go!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Bypass Walsh's and stop to the sports barn in Sebewaing.
Worst advice I have ever read on here. Guys are pricks, pretty sure they count to twelve on a scoop of minnows and they make it seem like your doing them a favor spending some money there!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts