Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my old lacrosse alpha 1500 grams were getting worn, so asked for muck Arctic pro’s for Christmas. $200

1st impression was good, but when I used them last night for the 1st time. Very unimpressed

Feet got cold for 1st time I can remember (never in my lacrosse). I don’t get cold feet

Neoprene top doesn’t allow to tuck pants into to. (Might loosen up in time). So walking made a noise as the top hit my leg ever step

The fit just doesn’t seem right

I loved my lacrosse, should of stayed with them.

Anyone else feel this way

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Over rated and over priced..... IMO.

·
Premium Member
14,096 Posts
I wasn't impressed with Mucks either. Quite a few guys really like them though.

Maybe our standards are too high? lol
For Christmas, I had my wife get me a pair of the muck arctic ice specifically for ice fishing. I've only worn them a couple times and think they are great thus far. I've been wearing muck wetlands for the past ten years and my feet almost never got cold. But, I don't sit on one spot for long, unless I am pounding. If it's below 10, I'll bust out the Mickey's, but the mucks are so much easier to walk in, and I seldom take the quad. I tuck my bib's liners inside the boots and then pull the outer shell over the neoprene. I shopped around and got my boots from Scheels for $134 with free shipping.

Maybe there is a big difference between the pro's and the ice?

I wear a regular pair of socks and buy my boots one size too big.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I love my arctic pro's. This will be my 5th season with them. Not a run-n-gun type on the ice but I do hole hop a fair amount and the light weight of the Mucks are perfect for mobility. Paired with a quality boot sock they have my recommendation. For whatever that's worth ! :whistle:

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
I was just reading a similar topic on the AG board and the word was that a brand called Dryshod produced by the original owner of Muck Boots were a step or two up from muck boots now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have used Lacrosse Iceman boots for over 30 years. The first pair lasted 28 years and the new ones are identical to the old ones. Why change when something works, right? Anyway, I can't believe more guys don't wear them. They are on-par in warm with Mickey Mouse boots (I've had Mickey's too) but they are more comfortable to walk in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.