Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://mucc.org/home/policy/annual-convention/

In this link is a list of proposals before MUCC at this weekend's convention.

Proposal #15 is rather interesting. It is my understanding that MUCC is unlikely to adopt the proposal.

Please make special note that MMA (Michigan Muskie Alliance) is NOT a party to this proposal and asked that their organization specifically not be.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Received word today, wanted to let fellow Darkhouse anglers know.

The Resolution was read before the more than 150 members of Mich. United Conservation Clubs and was defeated with 100% support. Not one single person supported this Resolution!!!!!

·
Registered
8,420 Posts
Well that is a shot in the arm. Now we just need to work on getting lake saint Clair opened up for spearing!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Thanks for making the special note about MMA. I had spoken with a couple people casually about the complexity of the issue, and mentioned that we were all trying to come up with a plan that would allow muskies to be managed correctly, and adhering to the management plan, increasing both angler participation and opportunity.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're welcome Vano, I told you all I'd work in good faith with you as long as it was reciprocated. So far it has been. Maybe small gestures can turn into bigger and better things for everyone ;)

The idea of DECREASING participation doomed this from the beginning. The DNR certainly doesn't want less involvement. We'll find a solution once we all get talking and I'm hopeful there will be more of that.

·
Registered
562 Posts
As am I, I am trying to make sure that this doesn't revert back to the February only conversation when its fresh because someone posted a picture. That might be the first step! Also, assuming water temps stay cooler I'll have an open seat around town the week after the fourth... unless the hexes are popping on the river, in which case I will be chasing a different kind of giant!

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm optimistic that things won't be THAT bad again, not perfect, but I think much better. And you're right, common courtesy and decency is a great first step.

I'll shot you a PM with my contact information in case you have an open boat seat. Sounds like a blast! Hopefully we can get some of you in a Darkhouse this winter, for pike of course ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts