Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in possibly getting together some time this winter for a MS.com ride? Some Saturday in Janyary perhaps? Somewhere easy to find?

I've ridden the Manton to Kalkaska trail several times. Nice trail, well groomed, and it makes a nice daytrip. The trail head parking lot is easy to find, it's right where US 131 turns from 4 lane freeway to 2 lane highway. Big parking lot too. Trail has some twisty's, some longer straights, and there is gas/food/parts (hopefully no one would need any parts!) in Kalkaska, which is a sled friendly town.

I'd be open to other locations too...

What do you guys think???

Mike

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
if anyone is ever intrested in some boondocking around houghton, I'm up for it. Be ready to get stuck and see some breathing taking scenery and ride the untracked pow.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
May take you up on that offer this year young man. It's been a couple years since I hired one of John Dee's guides and played up there. Nice project sled!!!! How much snow did you guy's get up there the last couple days. I know Munising to Shinglton is digging out.

A group ride would be fun. Baldwin might be a option. Know the back roads and two tracks very well south, west, or north. Riverman

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I'd be in for a ride. Don't know about a weekend ride on local groomed trails though. Did that once last year and told myself never again, especially in Baldwin. If we can do back roads and tresspassing :lol: I'm in! I can get us from Baldwin to my neck of the woods and my neighbor knows a lot of different trails towards Hawkins and south of there. Pick a date and place and lets see what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts