Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

MS.com Ride

2K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  blk82072 
#1 ·
Ok yall with ATV's here we go. This is the plan I am thinking First Saturday in June. Which will be June 2nd at 9am. Where Gladwin Trail System. Who ever is wanting to go on this ride. Please respond via email to myself.

#2 ·
Sounds like a good time. I'll have to play it by ear, we have a litter of pups due on and around June 1st. As that date draws near I will know more.

I know my 12 year old will want to go. My wife has that week off and she has delivered many litters with out me, so the more I sit here and think about it the more likely it is we can make it....:D

Rooster & the Gang

#6 ·
blk82072 said:
I might be able to swing it. I will check it out and let you know for sure this week. Must it be Gladwin trails? are you partial to them? I just thought they were repetitive last time we were up their. The only thing remotely challenging was Hamburger hill.
I choosed the Gladwin trail system due to the central location. The fact it is a big loop so you complete a full circle. I have never actaully rode this trail system. But I have talked to people about them. They told me it was an easy trail system to ride. I figured being a ride with invited people I thought skill levels will be from beginners to moderate to expert that would be riding in this group. There for I wanted something that might be challenging for the begginners and a Saturday afternoon enjoyment ride for people like me that are very experinced.

#8 ·
Ok Here is my plan, I am bringing a normal size propane barbeque grill. I plan on bringing hot dogs, and hamburgers, I can get them both in bulk for a great price thanks to my buddy who owns a meat market. I would like this to be kinda like a potluck ride as well. I will also be bringing a cooler full of bottle water, and the buns for the hot dogs and hamburgers. To make this a succssfull fun ride. I would like emails of everyone that is for surely coming and what you will bring. My email is blackbeargrodi@yahoo.com

Ideas of things to bring
Bottle water, chips, ketchup, mustard, other condiments needed for the food. Paper plates, Other food dishes, that would be apart of a barbeque.

I am wanting this to be a fun for the family ride. I plan on being up there on Fridaynight camping, Either in my truck or in a tent. I am sure there is a state campground up there near by somewhere. So if anyone wants to join up with me at the camp site the night before your more then welcomed to.

The Ride group will meet at 9am in the parking lot on the west side of the trail map.

More info will be provided in the near future including a link of the trailmap. Of the trail that I am planning this ride for.

Time for depature from the parking area is at 10am June 9th 2007. That is one hour from the meeting time. This hour is to meet the other riders look over each others rides, and prepare for the day long ride. The plan is to return to the same parking area and have a nice departure barbeque to fill our bellies from the day of riding.

If the weather does not cooperate with us. The only weather I do not ride is severe storms. Rain don't hurt. Then I will reschedule the ride for a different date to be determined.

#10 ·
1wildchild said:
I might be interested in going. I need to check my calandar. Anyone know how it compares to Bull Gap? I am pretty inexperienced!
From what I have found out it is pretty easy trail loop. Should be a good way to build up experince and refresh your skills for people that have more experince. It should also be a way for us more experince riders to give riding tips for people with less experince.

#11 ·
Big - the only State park I know of even close is in Houghton Lake or Harrison. I see plenty of people camping on the state land in Gladwin, right on the two tracks. I am not positive but I think if you get a permit from the DNR camping like that is free of charge.
It is an easy trail system, nice scenery, and if we get some rain ahead of time their are a few good mud holes. The trail can be hard to follow in places, some people (read idiots) think its fun to remove or trash signs at intersections so getting lost is not unheard of. If lost it doesn't take long to get your bearings though.
If its the same trail I am thinking, Hamburger hill is always cool to climb. You will find out real quick if your tires like sand or not!

1wildchild, I wouldn't worry about being inexperienced on this trail system, 95% of it is just riding a slightly hilly trail through the woods. Depending on which ATV you have is the only problems you may experience. Mine has offset wheels which makes it very tight in some turns, I bump a few trees!

#13 ·
Gladwin county has a campground as well. I checked out the prices are compareble to state campground prices and not far from the trail either. I am going to check availibility this week for June 8th. I plan on being in the area on the 8th around 2-3pm and hopefully after getting sleeping arrangements taken care of going to the trail and checking it out with a mid afternoon ride.

#18 ·
Ok well it will be myself. As my wife and I had our son just over a month ago. So this one day away for me is a mini vacation. As far as how many families are going I am unsure yet.

If you are planning on going please send me an email so I have a list of numbers to be able to plan on how much food to bring so I can feed yall.

Also invite friends that are not members of the site that ride. That is fine with me. Please though send me an email with a number of people that you have planning on attending. As for camping the closest campground is the County of Gladwin Campground. Cost is 18 dollars for tent camping. I plan on checking on availibility this week.

#19 ·
Hey yall me again. Ok I got quite a few responses on this MS.com ride I am trying to set up. Alot of people saying they are going to try and make it. So this is my plan please email me or pm me By the end of May to let me know for sure if your going to be able to go. That way I can plan on how many people are going to be there.

I am going to need at least 5 people to ride on this day or I am not even going to plan this out completely.

#21 ·
Firecracker said:
I really cant say for sure, till its closer. And wether how many kids are there, makes it nicer for our Kids ya know... We wouldnt camp we only live an hr from there :)
I agree, that is one reason I picked the trail I did. I have talked to alot of people about this trail system. They all said it is releatively easy trail. So it should allow kids to get some good riding experince as well as experince to read terrian.

You mention you won't know until it gets closer. That is why I stated I need a pm or email by the end of May which would be two weeks from the date of the ride. It is easier to make plans two weeks from a date rather then 2 months from a date.

#22 ·
I have both my kids that weekend. I was going to have my stepson ride if it was the weekend of the 2nd. My Son And I might be able to make it, if it's ok with my Daughter. :rolleyes:

I'll let ya know in plenty of time.

Might slap the ol'truck camper on and meet ya up there Friday night. If I am not really busy at work I might even take Friday afternoon off and make it in time for some beef on the Grill...

Rooster & the Gang

#26 ·
I'd love to go BUT June 2nd our oldest boy is having his wedding & reception :yikes: so I had to take the 1st & 2nd off of work for that. ;)

Plus,... I'm working Tuesdays - Saturdays :mad: with Sundays and Mondays being my off days. :rolleyes:

Maybe if you have one that's scheduled for a Saturday- Sunday in the future I can get in on the fun with the rest of you. :help:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.