Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would say within the past month our Griff has been getting into the cupboards. It started with just the garbage cupboard and we started putting the garbage in the garage when we left for work. Now he gets into other cupboards. Noodles, rice, canned food... all over the house!:rant:

Weve had to put him back in his crate for the day. I dont believe its separation anxiety because he will get in the garbage cupboard when Im in the basement or sitting on the coach.

I used to give him a kong filled with frozen goodies when I left in the morning but he still gets into the cupboards.

Any suggestions on how to stop this behavior.

Help

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He did it again this morning when I took the garbage to the road and loaded my van for work. :rant: #$^%^$

As soon as one of us walkes in the door and "catches him" he run to his grate. This morning I called him back, told him no and I'm making him sit in the kitchen. He's whining right now.

What form of 'punishment' / 'time out' do you use?

Thanks this is driving me nuts.

To reply to Jumpshootin' when he was a puppy (he is 2 now) we put latches on the cupboards but not the kind you have to manipulate to open the door. I guess a trip to the hardware store.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.