Premium Member
16,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first sighting of the year in Grayling this morning

·
Premium Member
16,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So much for my prediction they'll be late earlier this spring.
Its been a consistant hatch the last 3 days in town. I hope to get out tonight. We just got some rain a minute ago though and ive noticed the water is more stained up again.

·
Premium Member
16,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A few bugs are Poppin off the water right now, haven't noticed any feeding yet

·
Premium Member
16,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The temps dropped yesterday late afternoon and i decided not to go out. Not a single bug this morning when i showed up in town. Glad I didnt go now.

·
Premium Member
16,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Beautiful night to be out last night. Nice action for about 45 minutes. I pricked a pig and a few smaller ones but nothing in the boat. Just a gorgeous night to be out. Looking forward to tonight.

·
Registered
8,420 Posts
Beautiful night to be out last night. Nice action for about 45 minutes. I pricked a pig and a few smaller ones but nothing in the boat. Just a gorgeous night to be out. Looking forward to tonight.

Nice work. Good luck tonight. I'm still deciding on whether or not to float or walk in somewhere tonight.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Just got a report, lots of bugs and all the fish were on the other side of the river. Couldn't reach them because of the high water. If you have the option to float it may be the best idea.

·
Premium Member
16,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just got a report, lots of bugs and all the fish were on the other side of the river. Couldn't reach them because of the high water. If you have the option to float it may be the best idea.
I agree, a boat is the way to go now.

·
Premium Member
16,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Remember fellas, the bugs are just getting started, we have had cool nights and the bugs are not going to be throughout the entire system, think slower moving warmer water with muck and you should be good.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Lots of drakes and hex going last night! Fished until 4:30am and ran into some pretty thick fog. Make sure your phones are charged if you're not familiar with the river. We would have never made it out without google maps...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts