Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found out Monday that I got a job working for Idaho Fish and Game. I move out there sometime in July and there is no way I'm going to go without duck hunting even if I have to go it alone. Ill be living in the Boise area, from the looks of it there is tons of agriculture with a few large reservoirs and bunch of rivers. Looks pretty good to me. Does anyone have any experience hunting out there?

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
buddy of mine lives out there loves it used to hunt ducks with him in north dakota now hes a chukar hunter pm me for his name hes always looking for someone to hunt with hes a gordon setter breeder and grew u here in mich algonac area great guy loves to hunt and fish

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
There is some awesome waterfowl hunting in Idaho. I have know a few call makers out there. They hit em pretty hard, lots of Mallards and widgen with a good mix of divers as well. You'll like it out there.

Good luck and enjoy it out West!
Smoke

·
Registered
11,638 Posts
great place. i would take that move in a heartbeat. good hunting, great climate....killer winter sports...and i think you can even go for wolf tags now.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Congratulations on the start of your new career / adventure. Now go out there and show those ducks what a Michigander is made of - please post pics :cool:

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I have never hunted out there, but I have seen some videos of goldeneye hunts on the Snake River and it looks like it would be an awesome place to hunt.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Found out Monday that I got a job working for Idaho Fish and Game. I move out there sometime in July and there is no way I'm going to go without duck hunting even if I have to go it alone. Ill be living in the Boise area, from the looks of it there is tons of agriculture with a few large reservoirs and bunch of rivers. Looks pretty good to me. Does anyone have any experience hunting out there?
Smart man for going out of state. Sorry to be so pessimistic, but this state is going no where fast, and as much as I hate to say it, working for our own DNR would not be a wise career move. You did good man ;)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Idaho. Nice work. Correct me if Im wrong but I think they get Pacific Flyway regs so you should have over 100 days to hunt ducks.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. From the looks of last years regs I think Im going to like it out there. 7 ducks total, 7 mallards (2 hens), 3 bluebills, AND season goes until January 27. Gonna have to do some hardcore scouting once I get out there, its a good thing the first few months of work are going to be field work.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
How much is a non-res license Ross? Road trip to visit might be in order!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
I can attest the winter sports are excellent. I snowboarded Silver Mountain and Schweitzer's, both were outstanding and cheap.

Cour D' lene is amazing too. Mini Tahoe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts