Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Moving downriver

6920 188
It's official, our offer on a home in Wyandotte was accepted a week ago so I'm going to be a regular at the piers and parks in the area. Our new house is a mile from Bishop Park so that's probably where I'll start my exploration of what downriver has to offer. I have near zero experience fishing the area so it's all new to me. I know the white bass run in May so I'm definitely going to get in on that. What is there are far as perch fishing? I'm normally a trout guy but I will be far removed from the Paint Creek which I typically fish often in spring and summer. Who's gonna show me the ropes? I'll probably fish the Huron as well since it's not far from the new house. With all that said, the reel service will still be kicking and will run out of two locations. My place in Wyandotte and my partner's in Roseville.
81 - 100 of 189 Posts
I haven't tried that place.

But... along those lines I stopped getting chinese from lucky dragon
Sounds like my kind of place, the hole in the wall joints usually have really killer food. I never once got the ****s from a place that looked like it was gonna be shut down by the health department.
At least I know it’s chicken and lightning fast to cook. Make your own sauce and add some Chinese noodles…

Been doing it for 40 years and I don’t worry about the neighbors caht
Ohhhh. You wan fwied rice with dat
I do too but sometimes I don't mind getting it from somewhere.

Food Tableware Staple food Recipe Ingredient
I just wok my own.
Congrats on the move. I love it down here. For breakfast and lunch try Nanas Kitchen in Wyandotte. Their homemade soups are great.

Send me a PM come spring and I’ll take you out on the river. The one thing I love about fishing the D is how easy it is to switch species if something isn’t biting.

If you kayak fish you can launch at Sunrise Park in Grosse Ile and paddle over to Stoney Island. It’s a tough paddle across but easy coming back since you can plan your trip to come back with the current. Lots of great kayak fishing at Stoney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reactions: sureshot006
Ain't that the truth. The fishing is great for very diverse set of species.
The one thing I love about fishing the D is how easy it is to switch species if something isn’t biting.
Reactions: Andy Morrison
Gotta say lotta talk on pizza but for me Dels or Grotto makes damm good pie also
Fredi the pizza man in melvindale makes a damn good pizza.
Hmm seems were going to have to have a meet and greet at each site listed. Once a month and we have a lifetime of places.

My pick of places downriver although too small for a meet and greet. Home - The Little Pierogi & Crepe Kitchen

Who says you can't buy fishing supplies at a pizza place. When I lived a lake, the neighbor kids would be out on my dock with a pizza box fishing. They would ball up crust and put on a hook for some of the biggest carp you have ever seen.
Forgot about that place. Good pierogis.
Hmm seems were going to have to have a meet and greet at each site listed. Once a month and we have a lifetime of places.

My pick of places downriver although too small for a meet and greet. Home - The Little Pierogi & Crepe Kitchen

Who says you can't buy fishing supplies at a pizza place. When I lived a lake, the neighbor kids would be out on my dock with a pizza box fishing. They would ball up crust and put on a hook for some of the biggest carp you have ever seen.
Reactions: Divers Down
I'm down, would be nice putting faces to the names here.
Gotta watch it! Those downriver cats are a strange bunch! :dizzy:
I'm down, would be nice putting faces to the names here.
Man all the talk about Sibley Gardens someone either is retired or should be living on GI LoL
Ill bring the Muskrat in brown gravy. mmmmm
Used to be called Herc s. I think he had the same oven from way back in the day.
Fredi the pizza man in melvindale makes a damn good pizza.
Reactions: kisherfisher
I'm not muskrat French so I'll pass on that one! Lol
Ill bring the Muskrat in brown gravy. mmmmm
Watch it. You re treading on thin ice and the suns out with that comment. 😎😎
  • Helpful
Reactions: Shoeman
Some intoxicated yooper said they smell like urine 🤣
Watch it. You re treading on thin ice and the suns out with that comment. 😎😎
Mom's at Fort and West has good breakfast, too.
But back to fishing, if you wanna catch spring walleye downriver, see if you can hook up with Fsamie1 (member on here). A couple of hours with him will show you what not to do. Lol
81 - 100 of 189 Posts