Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Moving downriver

6920 188
It's official, our offer on a home in Wyandotte was accepted a week ago so I'm going to be a regular at the piers and parks in the area. Our new house is a mile from Bishop Park so that's probably where I'll start my exploration of what downriver has to offer. I have near zero experience fishing the area so it's all new to me. I know the white bass run in May so I'm definitely going to get in on that. What is there are far as perch fishing? I'm normally a trout guy but I will be far removed from the Paint Creek which I typically fish often in spring and summer. Who's gonna show me the ropes? I'll probably fish the Huron as well since it's not far from the new house. With all that said, the reel service will still be kicking and will run out of two locations. My place in Wyandotte and my partner's in Roseville.
61 - 80 of 189 Posts
Bay City
I'm not much of a drinker. Where are the good pot shops? Lol
Make sure to visit andy s tackle box in melvindale for you fishing needs. The owner Richard is a great guy
Herbology on Jefferson in River Rouge. Running great deals right now. Have a HUGE selection from gummies to concentrates to flower to... Check out the website. Super secure. Security and cops all over. And don't be scared of all the BOOMERS in there. We are like kids in a candy shop. Go on the website, make a list, and then it is in and out. They even deliver.
  • Helpful
Reactions: tincanary
I'm going to hit every one in the area and give them business cards.
Make sure to visit andy s tackle box in melvindale for you fishing needs. The owner Richard is a great guy
Reactions: 50incher
Congrats Bob
Not in Wyandotte but stop by Subis's Place...Its Christmas time, support the local downriver staff.
Right down the street from two of my sisters, one lives near 12th and Superior and my other sister lives on 20th north of Vinewood. Welcome to Wyandotte, I sure do miss that place and loved growing up there and cherish every opportunity I get to go back there. I will be in Wyandotte staying at one of my brothers at 12th and Walnut have a wedding for my niece on Dec. 10th.
Our new place is on Superior Blvd a few houses off of 20th. Right around the corner from you 👍
Reactions: kisherfisher
Try Malek Al Kabob in Taylor on Goddard, it is outstanding Middle Eastern cuisine, excellent food.
Mr. Sharwarma is excellent middle-eastern food, too!
Reactions: fishinfanatic19
Like my Dad's old bar at the corner of Ford Ave (Northline) and 5th, Lil Wally's.
Wyandotte's one of those towns you hear about that supposedly had "more bars per capita" than almost anywhere else back in the day. Still lots of "corner bars" there from back when practically every city block had one, commonly operating from the downstairs or front room portion of a home.
You gotta come up this way and check out the Traffic Light 👍
Not in Wyandotte but stop by Subis's Place...Its Christmas time, support the local downriver staff.
LOL if you spent much time in Gold Star we may just know each other. My best buddies family were the original owners of Gold Star. Was there a couple months ago, Joanne has done a nice job of getting the interior put back together.
Since there's been talk of Wyandotte bars, you must check out the Gold Star. 'Nuff said.
Just want to chime in to say: congrats on the new homestead!
I did a search on a map app and yes it came out Macomb county seeing I live in Macomb.
All but two are in Macomb County, the others are in Clawson and Grosse Pointe. I'll manage lol
Dishing out a good sideways sloppy joe?
We used to call it Arby's roast beef.
Dishing out a good sideways sloppy joe?
Jeeze, I thought this was an outdoors forum, even more about fishing, no ?? lol....

I'm not too good at catching fish with a slice of pizza in one hand and a doobie in the other, lol !!!....

I'm sure your going to love Wyandotte and the whole area....it used to be a huge industrial rust pit, not so much anymore....mostly good people, good food, a lot of festivals and some great fishing as well....I'd still give a LOT to see it 500 years ago, just saying, lol....cheers....
Heck yeah, you're a history nerd like me. We gotta go fishing! I wanna see those reels in action I did up 👍
Jeeze, I thought this was an outdoors forum, even more about fishing, no ?? lol....

I'm not too good at catching fish with a slice of pizza in one hand and a doobie in the other, lol !!!....

I'm sure your going to love Wyandotte and the whole area....it used to be a huge industrial rust pit, not so much anymore....mostly good people, good food, a lot of festivals and some great fishing as well....I'd still give a LOT to see it 500 years ago, just saying, lol....cheers....
Reactions: 50incher
Congrats on the move! Jee's top Five Thai is our favorite Thai place - Eureka and Fort St -ish. It's a little hole-in-the wall place in a strip mall with only a couple of tables and the owner is a delightful lady.
Ya can count on it, my work is extremely messed up and looks to be for a long time as it already has been !!....but we'll get out I promise....shouldn't take much to talk Bob into going, lol....I know he'd like to....
Heck yeah, you're a history nerd like me. We gotta go fishing! I wanna see those reels in action I did up 👍
Sounds like my kind of place, the hole in the wall joints usually have really killer food. I never once got the ****s from a place that looked like it was gonna be shut down by the health department.
Congrats on the move! Jee's top Five Thai is our favorite Thai place - Eureka and Fort St -ish. It's a little hole-in-the wall place in a strip mall with only a couple of tables and the owner is a delightful lady.
61 - 80 of 189 Posts