Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Moving downriver

6920 188
It's official, our offer on a home in Wyandotte was accepted a week ago so I'm going to be a regular at the piers and parks in the area. Our new house is a mile from Bishop Park so that's probably where I'll start my exploration of what downriver has to offer. I have near zero experience fishing the area so it's all new to me. I know the white bass run in May so I'm definitely going to get in on that. What is there are far as perch fishing? I'm normally a trout guy but I will be far removed from the Paint Creek which I typically fish often in spring and summer. Who's gonna show me the ropes? I'll probably fish the Huron as well since it's not far from the new house. With all that said, the reel service will still be kicking and will run out of two locations. My place in Wyandotte and my partner's in Roseville.
1 - 20 of 189 Posts
Perch and bass are plentiful. Of course with a boat your boundaries and opportunities are almost infinitely improved.
I'd love to get a boat at some point but that's a few years off. Which spots along the river have slower water?
Perch and bass are plentiful. Of course with a boat your boundaries and opportunities are almost infinitely improved.
Congrats Bob I know you have familiy on Grosse Isle. You will love it down there.
I'd love to get a boat at some point but that's a few years off. Which spots along the river have slower water?
Where it's wider and deeper LOL

Where you'd expect moving water to be slower. I know that's generic... but if you consider the public access points and look at a satellite view you will know.
Reactions: tincanary
Howdy neighbor, Im about 1 mile from Bishop myself, right behind Jerrys market near Oak street. You are going to love all the things going on downtown, especially in the summer. Walleye in the spring is when the river really shines, if you are shore fishing there are a few parks a bit furtther south of Bishop that may be less crowded. Good luck !
Our new place is on Superior Blvd a few houses off of 20th. Right around the corner from you 👍
Howdy neighbor, Im about 1 mile from Bishop myself, right behind Jerrys market near Oak street. You are going to love all the things going on downtown, especially in the summer. Walleye in the spring is when the river really shines, if you are shore fishing there are a few parks a bit furtther south of Bishop that may be less crowded. Good luck !
Be happy to take you out in the spring to give you the lay of land so to speak. Congratulations on the new home
It's official, our offer on a home in Wyandotte was accepted a week ago so I'm going to be a regular at the piers and parks in the area. Our new house is a mile from Bishop Park so that's probably where I'll start my exploration of what downriver has to offer. I have near zero experience fishing the area so it's all new to me. I know the white bass run in May so I'm definitely going to get in on that. What is there are far as perch and bass fishing? I'm normally a trout guy but I will be far removed from the Paint Creek which I typically fish often in spring and summer. Who's gonna show me the ropes? I'll probably fish the Huron as well since it's not far from the new house. With all that said, the reel service will still be kicking and will run out of two locations. My place in Wyandotte and my partner's in Roseville.
Thanks. It's a big change from Warren where we are now. It'll be much easier for us being close to the family with our son and daughter.
Be happy to take you out in the spring to give you the lay of land so to speak. Congratulations on the new home
The Huron river has good numbers of steelhead at certain times. I’m sure there is a FB group just like for the Clinton with lots of info
It's official, our offer on a home in Wyandotte was accepted a week ago so I'm going to be a regular at the piers and parks in the area. Our new house is a mile from Bishop Park so that's probably where I'll start my exploration of what downriver has to offer. I have near zero experience fishing the area so it's all new to me. I know the white bass run in May so I'm definitely going to get in on that. What is there are far as perch and bass fishing? I'm normally a trout guy but I will be far removed from the Paint Creek which I typically fish often in spring and summer. Who's gonna show me the ropes? I'll probably fish the Huron as well since it's not far from the new house. With all that said, the reel service will still be kicking and will run out of two locations. My place in Wyandotte and my partner's in Roseville.
We are gonna have to cast Musky, lol ....yep that's a rock solid offer....but and ONLY if you can keep a spot TOP SECRET !!!!!....👍....might take some time for me to gain your tust ?, lol....congrats too, downriver is nice and fishing is world class !!....cheers....
Just don't take the blindfold off :ROFLMAO:
We are gonna have to cast Musky, lol ....yep that's a rock solid offer....but and ONLY if you can keep a spot TOP SECRET !!!!!....👍....might take some time for me to gain your tust ?, lol....congrats too, downriver is nice and fishing is world class !!....cheers....
Reactions: 50incher
In this day and age, it's friggen scary true, almost to the point of being sad, imo....offer stands, will see....maybe all 3 of us ?!....more lines = more fish....I get tired of being the net boy, I mean at least my odds go up a little ?, errrr.... lol....
Just don't take the blindfold off :ROFLMAO:
No blindfold needed with Bob!
Reactions: tincanary
I try to lead by example 😁
In this day and age, it's friggen scary true, almost to the point of being sad, imo....offer stands, will see....maybe all 3 of us ?!....more lines = more fish....I get tired of being the net boy, I mean at least my odds go up a little ?, errrr.... lol....
Reactions: 50incher
See Ralf can vouch for me. Those spots will go with me to the grave, just like my grandma did with her pierogi recipe.
No blindfold needed with Bob!
That's so Great! I bought my 1st house a couple miles from Bishop Park.
You're gunna luv living there with limitless fishing so close. Congrats!
Well that and Coastal Thai
That's so Great! I bought my 1st house a couple miles from Bishop Park.
You're gunna luv living there with limitless fishing so close. Congrats!
This is another question while I'm at it. Where's a good place to break bread? I love just about everything; Thai, Indian, Mexican, barbecue, etc.
Well that and Coastal Thai
I'd stay away from Portofino except for being on the water.

For BBQ locally there is roundhouse (trenton)

Mexican, there are several. I like Galindo's.

Not sure about Indian.

Greek... Auburn Cafe is good.

The other bars and restaurants from near Ecorse to the south end of Wyandotte are okay. Not anything special IMO.
Reactions: Divers Down
1 - 20 of 189 Posts