Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ground blind set up with a bedding area directly in front of me. Very thick cover, the deer have been coming from this area at two locations and recently buck rubs have shown up at both exit points in front of my stand. I have also found a line of three scrapes directly behind me. The wind usually blows from the bedding area to me, so I am wondering if I should move to the other side of the scrapes since my scent will be blowing towards them or just stay put and hunt the exits of the bedding area. Any thoughts?

First pic is looking out front towards the bedding area, second is looking back towards the scrapes.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
They're probably moving past the blind to get to those scrapes...I say keep it where it is cuz the deer are used to it...moving it now might mess up your whole season

·
Premium Member
8,643 Posts
When the wind is blowing directly from the blind to the scrapes just move back a bit from the scrapes and sit on a bucket with some good background cover and a few branches in front of you, be still!! Or in mid afternoon soon set up a treestand downwind from them, but dont move the original blind just sit there when the wind is right...

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
When the wind is blowing directly from the blind to the scrapes just move back a bit from the scrapes and sit on a bucket with some good background cover and a few branches in front of you, be still!! Or in mid afternoon soon set up a treestand downwind from them, but dont move the original blind just sit there when the wind is right...

I thought the same.... but with a climber...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts