Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to head to the saginaw on Friday morning. Want to fish near the mouth. Looking for an ice report before we head that way. Any info would be helpful

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Sitting on 8+ inches of ice as we speak. The ice is fine, it is the fishing that is in bad shape. I have been here (river side of red can 21) since 7:15 this am and have fished from 11' to 30' with only one bump. I have marked fish when I have let the bait sit still but as soon as I jig it, they are gone.
I'm guessing everyone else is doing about the same judging by the amount of movement

There are sleds and quads launching at the mouth and heading out onto the Bay.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Same thing for us at Smith Park. They would swim up to the bait watch it for about 15 seconds and then swim away.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I fished smithpark tonight again set up at 3 pm was on fish right away low slow and as small a bait as possible... Left at 6 caught 20 13-14 inchers and 1 17incher lost a few big 1s right at the hole and halfway up... Be back at it monday night. Be safe and tite lines.... David....

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Fished smith park gemeral area today....fish in hole all day...they would chase ANYTHING I put down the hole...30 foot...would not bite anything....frustrating...talked to a guy with a camera (I was using lowrance) he confirmed same thing...also said he saw some pigs swim thru. Barometric pressure went up over night...

Joe

1 - 20 of 29 Posts