Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am coming back from school this weekend. I was just wondering if anybody has recently caught or heard a report of anything being caught off the surf. Send a pm if you don't want to post. If nobody had tried out there yet, I may be the first this weekend so I will post a report on how I do if I get out there.

·
Registered
9,576 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
225 Posts
I went by there on Tuesday afternoon and there was three guys leaving with three coho that they had caught, and it appeared that they were casting spoons in the surf right off of the mouth of the Platte.
The wind was coming out of the NW at the time and there was no boats fishing the bay.

Brian
:fish:

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went by there on Tuesday afternoon and there was three guys leaving with three coho that they had caught, and it appeared that they were casting spoons in the surf right off of the mouth of the Platte.
The wind was coming out of the NW at the time and there was no boats fishing the bay.

Brian
:fish:
Ok thanks. I am planning on using spawn out there but I might as well bring the whole arsenal and whip out a few cleos and squids. I usually end up with at least one fish every time I'm over that way so I will post if I take anything. The rain should drop the water temp a little more an group up a few more on the edge of that sand bar.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that all depends on the woman. i've had some iron jaws before! :rant:
Yeah I know what you mean. It goes both ways. I make some of the fish's bottom lip bleed and some of the girls make my bottom lip bleed. It all evens out. :evilsmile

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Fishing was OK. I caught a male coho off the beach at the mouth Saturday morning on a spawn sac with a sliding pyramid sinker.

·
Registered
640 Posts
At least you caught something. I used to fish that up there all the time. I really need to get up there soon. Get out of town for a day or two.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think I saw 9 or 10 fish caught between about 30-40 guys. It will pick up soon hopefully so I'm not too worried about it. I'm gonna try to get up there the first or second weekend of October so hopefully I will get into a few more. That one coho was the only hit I had the whole morning until 9 a.m.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts