Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched high and low for mousies!!! Usually buy a 1000 every year. Everyone that I have talked too says they cant find a wholesaler who has or can get them.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks Dave

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
They had some type of disease a couple years ago which made them nearly impossible to find and when you do they are expensive. I found some little north of Grand Rapids at the beginning and that was it.

Sent from my XT907 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Checking this site now my dad has license to sale bait wonder what there prices are for wholesalers

Sent from my LGMS659 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Checking this site now my dad has license to sale bait wonder what there prices are for wholesalers

Sent from my LGMS659 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
don't know for sure but worth a shot! i do know there are just out side of Lansing, MI . a lot of bait suppliers around here carry their bait found that link threw the grape vine, one of the many i remember for good reason. lol's

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
I've had a terrible time finding them over the last couple of years. I think I read that some sort of fungus or bacteria was getting them. I talked to a dairy farmer down the road from me about a month age and she said they get them crawling out of the grates at night during the summer. Soooo, I'm thinkin that next summer, I'll be pullin a few all nighters. :D

·
Registered
896 Posts
I just searched eBay, found a pack of 500 and a pack of 1000, same seller. I wonder where he's getting them?

·
Premium Member
10,929 Posts
We use to get them from rotten grain that was damp but not soaking wet. You could pick them by the handfuls. I wonder if some of the sprays or maybe the type of grain they are planting now has something to do with it.

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
We use to get them from rotten grain that was damp but not soaking wet. You could pick them by the handfuls. I wonder if some of the sprays or maybe the type of grain they are planting now has something to do with it.

That would NOT surprise me at all...

·
Registered
896 Posts
What kind of price did they go for when you could buy them in bulk?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Found those little rascals and didnt even drive to China!!! If I can be crazy enough to spend 75 bucks on 3 jerk baits, 75 is a bargain for a 1000 mousies:confused:

Dave

·
Registered
735 Posts
Several years ago we built a hog barn during the summer with a near by lagoon pit. Every morning when we would get to work, the ground would be crawling with mousies that were like SUPER MOUSIES. They were about 1" - 1 1/4"long, not including their tails :yikes:. Unfortunately we didn't have much luck at saving them. Any ideas as to how to save them from summer until when they are needed in the winter? If they still infest this farm and I find out how to save them for winter, I might be able to make some deals on here with bait vs some little honey holes :evil:!

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Several years ago we built a hog barn during the summer with a near by lagoon pit. Every morning when we would get to work, the ground would be crawling with mousies that were like SUPER MOUSIES. They were about 1" - 1 1/4"long, not including their tails :yikes:. Unfortunately we didn't have much luck at saving them. Any ideas as to how to save them from summer until when they are needed in the winter? If they still infest this farm and I find out how to save them for winter, I might be able to make some deals on here with bait vs some little honey holes :evil:!
I just rinse the ick off them, keep them refrigerated and packed in sawdust.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Lisa,

Will they survive through the summer and into the winter just refrigerated? Do they need any kind of food? If this is possible, I may have a line on thousands!!!!

Ric aka Richard Cranium

PS can't wait until next summer for "The Boil"!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,929 Posts
When I use to buy them they were packed in sawdust. But I never tried buying them in the early fall or in the summer. I just picked them up. Did you do a search and see if there is a way to keep them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts