Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a Lund boat with the angled sports track system on it ? If so how did you mount downriggers, and is the track strong enough?:confused:

thank you,

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a Lund with the sport tracks. I didn't think they would be strong enough for downriggers, so I rigged a downrigger board 2x8 that I attach with turnbuckles to eye bolts that I attached to the boat. When I'm not running downriggers I remove the board. The sport tracks work well when I'm dragging boards for walleye or long lining for early lakers in the shallows in West Grand Traverse Bay. just my 2 cents..

·
Registered
408 Posts
I would not think the sports track would hold up to the torque of riggers. I put tracks down, so I can move riggers, rod holders and remove it all when not using.

A 12lb weight off a 3 foot boom in 3 footers - you need a solid mount

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I'm a little confused because I'm looking at buying a Lund Sports Angler and in their ads they show downriggers mounted. Can you mount a track system to the sports track and then mount riggers ? Any and all help is appricated.

thanks

·
Premium Member
9,009 Posts
I use the tracks for holding cup holder, trolling and boards but I would never use it for down riggers. Dig the ball deep into the bottom one time and you'll be spending more money to fix that problem than tearing out a few bolts on a rigger board. I love my Lund but if they say this works in advertising, they should back it up with some durability testing and publish that. Just my opinion...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts