Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Interesting Thread. I bought one last year and so did my buddy. His display is totally shot and mine is just about gone as well. Sounds like a design issue to me.

·
Registered
137 Posts
For the record: My display is also messed up after one year. Aside from that and the clunk sound it makes its been a great camera.

·
Registered
40 Posts
just got email back from moultrie they are going to fix the display screen at no cost, the screen with be under warrenty for 1 year after they fix it. the cam is out of warrenty so only the screen is under the new warrenty

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
thats the same thing they told me that the would fix it and warrenty the new screen for 1 year. after having the cameras sittin in my garage for the past 2 weeks roughly both screens are actually readable (90%) which makes me think its a moisture problem that causes it.

other than this issue with the display screen i have no complaints about the cam.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Mine is just about to be 1 year old. I'll see if I can find the receipt tonight. Does anyone have the easiest contact info on how to get ahold of them to start this process?

·
Registered
19,321 Posts
...... after having the cameras sittin in my garage for the past 2 weeks roughly both screens are actually readable (90%) which makes me think its a moisture problem that causes it.
This might be worth a try for anyone with display problems. Bring it inside, open it up and let it air dry for a few days in a sunny window. I think I'll hit mine with the hair blower for a few minutes to see if that helps..

L & O

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Mine is just about to be 1 year old. I'll see if I can find the receipt tonight. Does anyone have the easiest contact info on how to get ahold of them to start this process?
I emailed them took like 3 days to get a reply.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
After having my cams in my garage for about 3 weeks now the one display is
Now 100% readable and the others is about 95%. Looks to be a moisture issue caysing the problems. I think I might put the cams back out and see what happens, maybe the
Door wasn't closed good enough or unevenly and allowed some water to get in. Don't know if it would be worth it to send the one cam in cause by the time it got there it could be working fine. Just thought
I'd keep everyone posted as to what has happened with mine.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
160 Posts
This might be worth a try for anyone with display problems. Bring it inside, open it up and let it air dry for a few days in a sunny window. I think I'll hit mine with the hair blower for a few minutes to see if that helps..

L & O
Try putting it in a plastic zip lock bag with rice in it ,I did this to my daughters cell phone, which she dropped in the lake and it wouldnt work at all untill I put it in a bag of rice and two days later it worked as good as new ,Its worth a try !! :dizzy:

·
Registered
531 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have 3 of the i-40's and have had them all over one year. I never had any problems with the screen.Just one time i had a problem with it freezing up right after powering it up. took out the sd card and deleted it and put it back in. it took a while for it to turn on, but has been fine ever since. I made some metal boxes to lag bolt to a tree and lock them up in. this does keep alot of weather off them. maybe that is why i haven't had that issue.
I hear you on calling them. was on hold for one hour or more. to be told my warranty was up.:rant:

·
Registered
278 Posts
The rice trick sounds good. What about trying to put a small desiccant packet inside the battery cover? Might help?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Ya, I'm Finding the Cams in the Asian Foods or RICE isle too:D

Left over rice can be fed to the noisy red squirrels to eat until they pop!
Quite again...ahhh thank you

pw

·
Registered
160 Posts
You can use the left over rice for the greys and blacks ,They make a good stew !!:SHOCKED:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I just got one a couple weeks ago and plan on putting it out this weekend. I'm curious, you guys that have had problems, how long had they been in the field before they started to fade? A couple weeks, a month, a year?

·
Registered
19,321 Posts
I just got one a couple weeks ago and plan on putting it out this weekend. I'm curious, you guys that have had problems, how long had they been in the field before they started to fade? A couple weeks, a month, a year?
I have 2 cameras. Got 1 in late June '07 the other a year later. I put my cameras out in late June and bring them in late Nov. About 5 months in the weather a year. The oldest is showing some fading, but no real trouble reading the screen...yet. The 1 purchased in '08 shows no fading. Hoping that the dry out period with rice clears up the problem. These have been good cameras for the money spent. Expect that the next generation of trail cameras will be better and cost even less.

L & O

21 - 40 of 52 Posts