Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 2 Moultrie Delta Trail Cam's direct from Moultrie in June and immediately activated one online.

Right out of the box the quality of photos was terrible. Moultrie support has been excellent for years, and told me to be patient as a firmware update was being developed and will be rolled out soon. After the firmware update downloaded the quality of photos was slightly better, but still was not good at all. At this point Moultrie comped me one month of cell service and again asked me to be patient. I unboxed the 2nd Delta camera and activated it, hanging it directly next to the 1st camera. I used identical 16gb SD cards in both cameras. Photo quality sucked equally in both. After 2 months and more communication with support I asked them for a RA number, as I wanted to return them for a refund. The first support tech denied my request, saying after 30 days they could not be returned. I demanded the call be escalated to someone authorized to issue a RA number and Moultrie followed up by email with the RA number to return both trail cams.

My advice is DO NOT BUY the new Moultrie Delta Trail Cam. They rolled it out earlier this year and advertised it as being the best on the market for the money, 32mp, extended battery life, GPS locating and downloadable video, but after field testing it just doesn't do the job.

·
Premium Member
5,899 Posts
I have 5 of them and so far they have been amazing. The on demand GPS tracking is awesome. Should put an end to theft.

The picture and a video option is another great idea. It takes a picture then a video and you can choose to download the video or not.

Picture quality isn’t great but for me I use them as scouting tools. I’m not checking the deer for ticks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 5 of them and so far they have been amazing. The on demand GPS tracking is awesome. Should put an end to theft.

The picture and a video option is another great idea. It takes a picture then a video and you can choose to download the video or not.

Picture quality isn’t great but for me I use them as scouting tools. I’m not checking the deer for ticks.

View attachment 783804
I'm glad you're happy with them. However, I'm expecting daytime picture quality a little better than this

·
Read Only
4,666 Posts
That is not great I agree but like the previous member said, I'm not looking to score a buck with a picture. I'm looking for it to show me the deer and quality of it as well as the scouting ability it has. Good trigger speed and battery life. I never pull the cards from my cell cams for picture quality any more. There just for scouting and surveillance. I guess everyone is different. You may have to spend more than 100.00 for what you want in a game cam. My Reveals are awesome and only around 120.00. Probably would get better pics of I bought a 400.00 camera but it's not worth it to me. Good info tho on the Deltas. I was thinking about picking one up. I still may.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is not great I agree but like the previous member said, I'm not looking to score a buck with a picture. I'm looking for it to show me the deer and quality of it as well as the scouting ability it has. Good trigger speed and battery life. I never pull the cards from my cell cams for picture quality any more. There just for scouting and surveillance. I guess everyone is different. You may have to spend more than 100.00 for what you want in a game cam. My Reveals are awesome and only around 120.00. Probably would get better pics of I bought a 400.00 camera but it's not worth it to me. Good info tho on the Deltas. I was thinking about picking one up. I still may.
If I settled for mediocre I wouldn't get shots like this, which was taken a few days ago with a Moultrie 7000i

Attachments

·
Read Only
4,666 Posts
If I settled for mediocre I wouldn't get shots like this, which was taken a few days ago with a Moultrie 7000i
No it sounds like you want the best picture possible from a game cam. I wouldn't think you could get that from a 100.00 camera. I've owned Moultries for 20 years. First model to come out with 35mm film. Good pics but not great. Because I didn't spend the big money on them. Get a Reconyx or Cudde bak top end model. You'll be happy with that. Like I said, some want the best pics and some don't. I'm in the some don't camp.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The point is Moultrie rolled out the new $100 Delta trail camera boasting the following, which enticed me to buy:
  • 32MP Images – Enjoy vivid, beautiful daytime images and razor-sharp nighttime images with jaw-dropping 32 megapixel resolution and the new ILLUMI-NIGHT 3 camera sensor
The two Delta's I bought are being returned this week because picture quality is absolutely terrible.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Never had good luck with Moultrie,can’t remember the model,less than 1 yr and not working,had the Cuddles they were good,starting taking a sheet 3-4 yrs later,now I’m running 2 Spartan cell cams,8 Tasco’s (like 40 bucks,yes cheap) takes pics and vids,and going on 4yrs,sometime pics a little grainy,but very good for price pt,then 2 Stealth cams,good luck with your choices…..

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.